• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraciesMom

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes more than I can express. It gives me strength when that is sometimes hard to come by. Gracie is scheduled for surgery tomorrow between 10 am and noon EST. She gets to stay with us till 8 am. So gonna spoil her as much as we can till then. I am soooooooo impressed with the Small Animal Hospital here. Very well run and they even have a retired person greet you at the door. Everything runs like clockwork.... And with a smile. Dr. Schubert is terrific...he spent a full hour with us. Is very open and not rushed in answering all questions. RodRussell may want to know that he uses same procedure as Dr. Marino in Long Island...titantium mesh covered with some fat tissue from Gracie herself. We will keep you posted tomorrow as we can. Dr. Schubert did say that he has not seen a Cavalier with such a large syrinx at her young age. so, I do know this is her only hope. It is the only decision that could be made other than just letting her go very soon.

Hi Debra

So glad everything looks good for you and Gracie and adds to your strength ,everything will be fine
for you both tomorrow as it seems between you and Dr Schubert she is in the best possible care .

All our Best Wishes For Tomorrow

Brian ,Dawn and Luke and
Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

Will be clock watching tomorrow and thinking of you both and looking out for your first post .

I'm happy she gets to cuddle with you all night tonight. Maybe you'll get to sleep a bit better (unless she's a snorer :lol:)! Thinking about you tomorrow. When Riley had her surgery, that was the day I discovered CavalierTalk so I spent the whole day reading posts - anything to occupy my mind until until I got the phone call to tell me she was o.k. What an eye opener it was to discover this whole new world of cavalier lovers. That was three years ago and CavalierTalk has kept me sane on many occasions. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

As always, I will be thinking of you. You are so strong and it's that strength that will get you and Gracie through this. Enjoy playing and spoiling Gracie tonight. Give her extra kisses and tell her they're from me and Sydney! :l*v:

So glad the waiting area has free wifi...

I have things I can do on my iPad to keep my mind busy...
Just still in shock that he said biggest syrinx he has seen for dog so young. He sees dozens every year with some degree of this.

Glad you are having such a good experience with the hospital and doctor, it makes going through such a traumatic event a little bit easier. I will be thinking of you and Gracie tomorrow.

The very best of luck to you both. I know how difficult this must be, and how anxious a time it is, but cavaliers tend to do very well during this surgery, and you may well be surprised at how active she is very soon after. The greatest difficulty most people have is in trying to keep their dog quiet and inactive. :) So many of us will be thinking of you and Gracie all day long tomorrow and there will be many prayers and thoughts of support coming at you from around the world.

Thank you Karlin...

We may have to put glue on Gracie's paws when it is her regular time to go out at night to chase creatures....last call for potty too.

Angel ella will be looking over gracie tomorrow. She seems to be in good hands. I know it will be a stressful day but so many people here have you in their prayers. keep us posted and try to keep your mind off things for tonight. Mojitos :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh Debra, I am sure your mind is rushing right now. I am however so happy that you are in such a great sounding clinic with a wonderful doctor. That makes such a difference...for human and dog alike. You are being so brave about all of this, stay strong and find faith in knowing that you are doing the right thing by Gracie and you are doing everything you possibly can. She is so lucky to have you looking after her well being and loving her as much as you do.

Stay strong tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and praying for Gracie. I think about Gracie every day in fact since this whole thing started and I will continue to do so, sending little angles to watch over her during her operation. 10 am EST there is about 12 midnight in Sydney, so I will say a little prayer before I go to bed and hold that all night long.

Hugs to you both.

You and Gracie will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Sending lots of positive thoughts to you:hug::xfngr:

Becky

This gave me a chuckle...

We are having some Bicardi Mojito Coolers right now in hotel room... Best takeout option at this point!

Angel ella will be looking over gracie tomorrow. She seems to be in good hands. I know it will be a stressful day but so many people here have you in their prayers. keep us posted and try to keep your mind off things for tonight. Mojitos :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GraciesMom
This gave me a chuckle...
We are having some Bicardi Mojito Coolers right now in hotel room... Best takeout option at this point!

Wait a minute, is Gracie old enough to drink? :sl*p:

Joyce, thanks for the laugh, because I have been sitting here feeling stress for Debra and her hubby and sweet little Gracie who knows none of this, thankfully.

It reminds me of a time a couple years ago with a family member in the hospital and I will tell you that friends and prayers, and even a bit of 'spirits' will get you through the tough times.

You are a strong strong woman Debra, and I have no doubt you made the right decision for Gracie, especially in light of the comment from the Doctor. But that said, I have no doubt that this surgery will be very successful, and Gracie will be back to her wonderful, sweet self in no time at all.

I will be praying for little Ms Gracie all day tomorrow. And as someone else said, that there would be angels watching over her. Love and hugs from Claire and I.

It's almost over... almost over.... By tomorrow night the worst will be in the past.
Thinking of both of you darlings! Gracie is a trooper!!!!!!!

I was just sitting here laughing...

And thinking that many of my dearest friends on this forum...who are the biggest hearted people you could find anywhere...have made me feel so very cherished in the past few days. I can't imagine befriending dearer people anywhere. We may be separated by many miles but yet our lives have connected here. Bless you all. For those living in the UK, I am praying for peace and hope you are all safe.

Gracie is in our thoughts. Hoping everything goes Ok with her surgery and she will soon be back in your loving care for her recuperation.:hug:

Sitting here at 11am reading this thinking that the sun isn't over the yard arm yet so a bit early in the day for me to be at the alcohol ;)

But just to tell you we are thinking of you all, it sounds like Gracie is in fantastic hands and you really are giving her the best possible chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back