• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Debra and Gracie,

Thinking of you today. We are sending love and positive thoughts across the world to you. Keep strong and give Gracie a gentle kiss from us when you can.:hug:

Today, is the day that Gracie will be given a new lease on life. With all the prayers being lifted up on her behalf, I know she will be well.

Keep yourself occupied, and let us know how today is going.

How long will she be kept at the hospital? Hugs to you three!

I am off to sleep now, but will say a big prayer before I go to bed and when I wake, I look forward to updates. There are so many people praying for you little Gracie, you will do wonderfully and we all are cheering for you!!!! And Debra, I hope you at least got a few hours sleep in, I cannot imagine how you must be feeling right now, but we are all here for every moment you need us through this! Hang in there, I'm thinking of you and will check back in the morning. Hugs.

Gracie is off to surgery fairly soon

We had a good night's sleep. Gracie curled up next to me all night. Her poop is getting better. Sent hubby off to run errands. He gets too antsy and drives me nuts. Am here with iPad and other folks in the lobby. More later.

Sending you a big hug. Are you ready......here it comes......:hug::hug:

Sydney is sending Gracie something to cheer her up when she wakes up. He's on his way! :dogwlk:

Love and prayers still comming.

Wow!!! I felt that one!!!

Sending you a big hug. Are you ready......here it comes......:hug::hug:

Sydney is sending Gracie something to cheer her up when she wakes up. He's on his way! :dogwlk:

Love and prayers still comming.

All the way across the the USA!

Debra just wondering If they gave you any kind of an update? They should be finishing up. I've been praying all morning and told z dog loving girlfriend to pray too. Soooo many people loving on you and Gracie, well and of course Hubby too. Sorry our CT male friends, but men just handle things diferently. I'm trying to imagine you dreaming up an errand in a city you don't live, just to occupy him. Me, I'd be sending mine to Starbucks with a complicated order, lol.

We didn't get our before picture! Glad you sleep well.

Last edited:
She is out of surgery and it went very well so far

She will be sedated rest of today but they will call us every two hours or so with updates. Could take her out of here as early as tomorrow afternoon...or Thursday morning. More later

So very happy she has made it out of surgery! Sending more positive thoughts your way that she will be able to go home real soon:hug:
Becky

That's great to hear she came through the op safely. I know it's tempting to take her as soon as possible, but personally I would let her stop for a few days, I know Clare Rusbridge says that 2 days after surgery can be the day where there is brain swelling so maybe she is best to stop in until then?

You can relax a bit now, have a nice soak in the bath and try to get some sleep.

I always fear that we don't think enough about hubbies on the forum, I guess because we all know each other and don't relate to them so much, but of course they are going through this too, all the stress and emotional upset - so hugs from the clan here to hubby too.

I am kinda surprised myself

That they are thinking about release so soon. I may push a bit to keep her another day.

Will they let you see her soon? I agree with Nicki, I would push for Thursday.....with you living so far away, and I am wondering how long you are staying in Florida? I just dont know how travel will be for her.

Another question, when is your follow up appt and how are you handling that?

I'm so glad that the surgery went well!! I've been thinking of you and Gracie, looking forward to hearing more updates.

I would not have wanted to take Riley home the day after her surgery. I visited her and she was so out of it that even though she was happy to see me, she was just as happy to go back to lie down in her crate. Now Riley does have a history of reacting badly to anesthesia and it does take her much longer to come out of it than other dogs. That being said, I was just as happy to have them monitor her for the first few days rather than me. I think I took her home on the third day after surgery.

If you remember, ask about the fentanyl patch for pain relief. I think I mentioned before that it worked miracles for Riley. It was just a little square patch that was attached to her skin that continuously infused the medication for the next 72 hours. I also had Tramadol if she needed anything more. But the fentanyl held her really well.

I'm so glad that at least stressor #1 (the surgery) is over and Gracie came through it just fine. Stressor #2 (recovery) will be long, but will feel longer on you than Gracie and then will be over before you know it. Take Nicki's advice now, take a deep breath, and relax. Congratulations - you made it through this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back