Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shed a few tears today...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shed a few tears today...

This morning I took Brooklyn down to the beach for a change of scenery on our morning walk together. We took this little path up away from the town and along the rocks. I cannot walk too far as I have a bone and nerve disease in my right leg (hard to explain), but I spotted a bench overlooking the water and thought "what a perfect place to walk to and have a break". I plopped down, happy that I had made it that far...coffee one hand and Brooklyn sitting ever lovingly on the bench snuggled into my right side. We were alone, it was quite. All I could hear was the ocean and I thought how lucky I am to have this little furry being sitting next to me. What a gift. Life cannot get any better, she has completed the little hole that needed filling in my heart and now, with my husband, we are a family.

Then, I thought. I just sat there and thought for a while...thought about Brooklyn, her health, her future, her upcoming neurologist appointment...thought about all of you with your loving companions that have to struggle sometimes. I got out my iphone to take a pic of Brooky on the bench and post it up here, but then...that is when I read the post about Holly heading to the ER. I fell back. My heart sank. I held Brooklyn and just started to pray, really really hard. I asked all the angels to surround her and comfort her. Then, before I could stop them, tears just fell down. The world was so quiet up on this bench and it just allowed me to get out a lot of fear and feelings that I have been keeping in about Brooklyn's health (I feel if I worry in front of her, she will worry...so I stay happy, and her tail wags instead), about all our cavs, about why people have to go through things with such beautiful animals. I thought about little Gracie and her surgery tomorrow and I closed my eyes and prayed again. I hugged Brooklyn so hard, told her I loved her, I would always take care of her, and we walked home.

For those that are struggling with their little ones right now, from ER's to surgery tables, I just wanted you guys to know that I was thinking of you. xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI

And this morning there are so many of us thinking of you two ,stay strong and keep your belief you two will overcome.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

What a sweet post. I know how you are feeling and sometimes it is so overwhelming to think of our sweet Cavaliers going through so much and they are still wagging their tails. Like my Ebony has been through a lot since April and then when I am upset she turns her head to one side looks at me like to say cheer up mum itís a beautiful day out there, no time to be sad.

Thinking of you and Brooklyn
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful post! I am personally going through a premature loss of a beloved Cav and each day is a struggle. Fortunately, I have a new baby to help me through it. The truth is, Cavaliers are the best friends a person could wish for. And when they're gone, the hole they leave in our hearts is so huge that only another Cav could fill. We are all blessed to have such amazing friends in our lives, but should also bear in mind that they will someday leave us. We can only hope and try that their time with us is as joyful and happy as can be
    Last edited by jigglymarina; 9th August 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Where it was dark now there's light
    Where there was pain now there's joy
    Where there was weakness, I found my strength...

Post Thanks / Like

Your post made me cry. You put into words so beautifully the things I had been wanting to say on this board for the past few days. Instead, I just stared at the blank screen and cried. It's so amazing how, con Cavalier Talk, we have become our own little community and family. We are spread out across the world and still have a wonderful connection.

Keeping you and Brooklyn in my thoughts as well as all of our Cavalier family.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Such a well written post, I think it is one we all needed to read. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we are all very lucky on here...such support and friendship...one would never know it comes from "strangers"

Post Thanks / Like

So beautifully said, we are thinking of you and keeping paws and toes crossed.

Anyone who has the love and loyalty of a furry friend is truly blessed, I'm very glad to have found like-minded doggy people like at a place like Cavaliertalk, because doggy people are typically far better people than non-doggy people... if you get what I mean!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

When I am feeling especially happy or sad about my dogs, those who came before, those who are here now and maybe even those who will be, I am reminded of this quote. I think it is one of my favorite quotes about my relationship with dogs.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."---Unknown
    Blessings to all who are going through difficulties right now.

J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

I love that quote Jay, thanks for sharing.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010