• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hollering at Night

Zumie05

I have a 6 week old puppy that I rescued at the age of 4 weeks. He was sleeping through nights very well, and now is more active and decided he doesn't like sleeping through the night anymore.

As of now I am torn on how to treat this. He is still a baby and may be crying because he is scared or hungry, or because he just wants attention. (potty arrangements for now are potty pads outside of his crate which he uses flawlessly).

Ideas? Ignore it, or check on him?

Hi you could try a dark blanket,put this over the crate,its proberly the light mornings as well.Keeping the crate covered might help.Hes growing up as well and they dont sleep as long.

Yes, I agree. When I used a create cover with Brooklyn, she slept soundly. You can buy one to fit our crate (Etsy makes cool ones) or just use a dark colored blanket. But they do prefer it covered.
Also, what about a heat pack? Like a hot water bottle or one of those wheat bags you put in the microwave, Brooklyn loved cuddling to hers when she was small. We also got her a heart beat pillow in there too...all that just to simulate a little and not being alone. I think it worked for her :)

Good idea,teddy or heat pack,becareful with hot water bottles or heat pack,they can chew them and they can leak.

This is the heat pack Brooklyn has, it is by Pet Stages...it is great because the pack is inside the animal (you take it out to microwave it), and the animal casing keeps the wheat bag from being too hot and burning the dog, as well as super chew proof. Brooklyn LOVES this to cuddle with. I don't heat it up anymore, but she carries it everywhere...from her crate inside to her sleeping kennel outside...if she is sleeping, it is with her!

http://www.petstages.com/dogs/soothing/puppy-cuddle-pal.html

This is the heartbeat pillow I had for her too, also by Pet Stages.
http://www.petstages.com/dogs/soothing/heartbeat-pillow.html

Hope that helps!!

Back