Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feed raw??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone feed raw??

We feed our three dogs raw - including our cav - until recently anyway. She's off it because its easier to control her weight when she's eating something different to the others, but apart from weight control everyone has done great on it!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking into dehydrated raw - just add water. (Because I'm located in such a rural area there's no frozen raw food for sale locally but I could easily order dehydrated online.) I'd like to try adding it to kibble as a supplement. Has anyone tried dehydrated raw?

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my guys raw & im currently doing a canine nutrition course - will NEVER go back to comercial foid again!!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Just received today 3 pks 1 kg of turkey necks ,4 pks I kg of wild rabbit pieces bone in ,
    6 pks 1 kg of boneless wild rabbit and 3 pks 1 kg of mixed rabbit offals .From Woldsway
    Foods in Lincs so I then add my mixed veg and mixed fruit and a few supplements like
    bonemeal and keepers mix and some seaweed powder from Dorwest with a teaspoon
    of goats yogurt and two little whitebait and they are happy and so am I .The bone in the
    rabbit is very small pces as you have to be so careful with any bone even when I feed
    chicken wings I cut them into three small pces before and always stay with them till they
    are finished.I couldnt go back to kibble type food now they would shoot me with my AK47 .

For their weight I carefully weigh and feed 20 gramme of meat only .

Well done Sonia pls pass any tips over .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    I've been looking into dehydrated raw - just add water. (Because I'm located in such a rural area there's no frozen raw food for sale locally but I could easily order dehydrated online.) I'd like to try adding it to kibble as a supplement. Has anyone tried dehydrated raw?
    I use sojo dehydrated and add cooked chicken but the instruction is to add raw meat. You can buy it at amazon, it has good price. I heard that honest kitchen is good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried dehydrated raw?
    I have asked the person from whom I buy our raw dog food about the freeze-dried/dehydrated raw that she can order for customers. She discouraged me from buying it, so I did not pursue it. Her experience is that dogs don't like it very much, but that may just be the brand(s) she carries.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We do use raw pre-made frozen medallions...

Has been such a major help for us with Gracie having had colitis quite a bit on processed foods. Gracie is also not too crazy about the freeze-dried and it really gets her constipated too unless we mix it well with fish oil or flaxseed oil and water.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you in the US, both of these are reputable companies that I have used and they both deliver. HPP is owned by a Cavalier breeder here in Atlanta but they have distributors that ship the food to your doorstep. A Place for Paws also ships to your doorstep. Both of these are more cost-effective, I have found, than buying the bags of NV, etc from the pet-food store but you need to have some extra room in your freezer.

http://www.healthypetdiet.com/

http://www.aplaceforpaws.com/
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

Well done Sonia pls pass any tips over .
    Will do Brian! But from the looks of it you are doing pretty well with your girlies!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I am using Nature's Variety raw medallions rotating with Primal raw formulas. My dogs are doing wonderful with the raw food! Stella's a blenheim that's mostly white and she did have minor tear and mouth stains, but no more with the raw. They love it, too! Now I'm just trying to convert the cat lol! Btw, I have heard of healthy pet diet, but getting the 2 brands I use is very convenient for me.
    Mom to:
    Stella Agnes (Blenheim, RIP - 2001-2013), Hazel Louise (Black & Tan), Laverne Marie (Ruby), Rupert William (Blenheim),
    Lucy Mae, Desi Ray (RIP - 2003-2011), Princess Di, Smokey Jo (RIP - 1990-2012)