Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your prayers...Gracie update

Post Thanks / Like

Default A small update... still doing good so far

I called and talked to the doctor working with her now. They just took her outside to walk around and potty without incident. They are slowly weaning her off the IV meds but have the fenadyl patch on her. So far, so good. She also is on the prednisone. Likely to keep her there at the clinic until tomorrow, which is probably best for her so that they can help if the patch is not strong enough. Thank you all for being here....

Yes, I can imagine that the CSF would be a major change now that it is flowing where it should. Hopefully, it will adjust over time so that it causes less discomfort as Anniemac said. I am sure that she also has some pain just from the surgical procedure itself too. A lot for a litttle doggy to deal with. If they can keep her comfortable, that is all I care about.

MommytoClaire... I am so sorry your dad NPH... I have a friend who had it and very painful disorder. I hope all is better with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Fentanyl is a pretty good drug. Hopefully that in combination with prednisone will keep Gracie comfortable, whatever the reason she is in pain. The combo was a great one for Riley. I think you made a smart move to keep her overnight at the clinic. We're all rooting for her and keeping all of you close in our hearts.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Debra, my dad had the original surgery a year ago May and has had two major setbacks. But I can tell you this, prayer and the love and strength of his family is what has gotten him through it all. Last Summer he collapsed with a high fever, delirious, it was horrible. But we never gave up hope he'd recover fully. He is doing well, and we know he's a miracle because the doctors had given up on trying to figure out what was wrong.

So what I'm saying is you fight for little Gracie. I just know that the positive attitude and prayers will make all the difference for her. She has to meet Elton someday soon, so just work toward getting her well.

Give her a little hug from Claire and I. And try to get some rest. I know you probably won't sleep well, but just some rest.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We are thinking of you, sending hugs and healing thoughts to Gracie.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gracie is going to stay another night at the clinic

So far, no more pain episodes but they are very slowly backing down the IV meds and relying more on the patch and prednisone to help her gabapentin work. They want to make sure her pain can be managed this way before releasing her. She is mostly sleeping so that is good too. Also gives us a chance to have a break from the stress a bit too. Going down the street to friends for casual dinner.... and that will be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished reading this thread and so very happy to read your last post stating that Gracie is doing better. I will keep praying for her to get through her recovery with as little pain as possible.
    I do hope you enjoy your dinner and get some well deserved relaxation, even if just for a couple of hours.

hugs to you and gentle hugs to sweet Gracie.
    Irene-
    Jack and Penny's Mom, NYC

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, that was one roller coaster of a thread from start to finish! I am so glad that is seems they have been able to manage her pain a little bit, poor thing. I mean, if I think about having that happen to me, I cannot imagine the pain. She will get through this Debra, we will keep praying and your good energy will do her wonders. It no doubt is going to be a long road, but Gracie is a strong little girl and she has proved to all of us how tough she really is. It was good of you to get her into the hospital though and get the drugs in her to make her more comfortable .

Sending SO MANY HUGS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Praying ((hugs)).

Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    CKC dogs are very stoic.It was a major operation, so as long as she is sleeping well and eating ,she is healing; each day =a milestone of healing. Daffy was on Rimadly ( a painkiller )and an antibiotic.
    I am keeping Gracie in my thoughts.

Daffymum

Post Thanks / Like

Default YAY!!! We are at hospital to pick her up now!

They said she has been doing good on the pain patch, prednisone and gabapentin. Only whining when no one paying attention to her! So happy to bring her home but know we still have a long road ahead.