Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your prayers...Gracie update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need your prayers...Gracie update

Gracie is back at vet hospital. We are having trouble managing her pain. They have her on IV pain meds and she slept thru the night. It does not appear to be swelling or inflammation. And she is still eTing ok. They were thinking she may have what is called pain windup where her receptors are over-reacting and trying to wind it down with some strong meds. But she still yelped pretty bad when she went out to potty. It is odd that it comes and goes....and when it comes she sits up and gets very tense like she is having a wave of pain or bad spasm. Then it goes away.

The surgeon will look at her today and see if he can find anything problematic inside that did not show up initially. The fear is that she is now feeling pain from the syrinx triggered by spinal fluid finally going where it needs to go. We may not be able to control this enough....she has a very large syrinx after all. I do know that I will not let her suffer if we can't get this under control. Prayers and whatever you believe appreciated so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Debra, sending healing thoughts and our love to you all - so many people on here care about you, your husband and precious Gracie, I hope that that will give you all the strength to get through this.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry I am praying hard for you. I know gracie is a strong girl and you are doing the right thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to read about this setback. I hope the vet will get it figured out and that your Gracie will be back on the road to recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Debra,
    I know it must be hard but try and keep strong. This maybe a setback that can easily be rectified.
    My warmest wishes and prayers are winging their way to you and Gracie (& Hubby) of course.

Mel
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayers for Gracie.

Really sad to hear of Gracie's setback. We will all be praying for Gracie and you and your family.
    Anne.
    Bubbles (blenheim) rescue cav,
    Mishka (tricolour) at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Debra, I am at at loss for words. I think you need to just give it a bit of time. The body is incredible and Gracie hasn't even had a week to heal. Perhaps as time goes on, it will begin to calm out as the body and brain adjust. I remember when my Nash had the first bout of pancreatitis, he we in so much pain, and crying all the time. We were so scared. It just took some time for his body to heal. Also remembering my dads recent brain surgery. The second one was more painful than the first, and it took longer for him to be pain free.

In the meantime, know that I am praying for you all. Praying most that Gracie will become pain free, or at least lesser pain and rally back. Hugs to you all.
    Last edited by mommytoClaire; 14th August 2011 at 04:12 PM.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

This is terrible to hear. Praying for the best possible outcome. Love you and Gracie. With the help of the doctors, you will make the right decision
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Debra,

I am holding you and Gracie close in my heart.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they can find the issue and give her some relief. Many thoughts going out to all of you

Becky