• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

making your own chicken treats?

gamefanz

Ok so today is training class. I want to make homemade chicken treats. I have boneless skinless chicken breasts and bonless skinless thighs. Do I boil them or bake them? What spices if any do I put on it? I don't want them to be messy as we will not have napkins with us. What is the best way to go about this with what I have in my kitchen?
Thank you
Becky

Boil them until cooked, no spices but you can add a clove of garlic to the water.

Then cut into small pieces, and bake at about 130C for around 1hr 20 mins until they feel hard and dry. I usually leave them in there overnight to dry out thoroughly.

They shouldn't be greasy, and will keep for ages in an air tight container.

Dried liver is brilliant too - Rupert's Fund recipe book has lots of wonderful ideas and recipes for treats etc

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?36067-Rupert-s-Fund-recipe-book-ORDERS!!

large.jpg

Thank you. I decided on thighs. I put them in water with a little chicken broth. I will bake them next. Unfortunately I don't have that long to dry overnight.

Becky

Dogaware.com has great treat ideas

Go to Dogaware.com and go to their Dog Treats area. They have great recipes. My dog's favorite are those little oyster soup crackers with a little butter and parmesean cheese baked at 350 degree oven until crispy. He loves them and they last forever. I even put them in my soup they are so good.:cool:

Thank you for the link. I will check it out!
We used the chicken today but I think it was too bland for him because he did not have the WOW face. So just using a little chicken broth in the water did not do it, we will have to give garlic a try next time. I can't wait to see whats in the link.
Becky

Back