• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harley is not imroving

Sabby

I must say I am getting a bit worried. If some of you remember Harley has hurt his front leg at agility. He was limping once in June after a competition then he was fine for a month then after another training session he was limping then fine again. I mentioned it to the vet two weeks ago. The vet moved his leg about and since then Harley has limped constantly. First week he was on Carprofen then last week he had an Xray and there was nothing wrong with his bones. The vet thinks that it is soft tissue damage. He has been on Tramadol and Previcox for the last week and lots of rest and icepacks. He is only allowed to go in the garden. As Harley is being used to a lot of activity he is going crazy not doing anything. Not that it is making much different. The funny thing is that he could be limping for a few steps and then suddenly he is ok. Normally when he runs into the garden it gets worse. It is so hard to calm him down. I am getting worried as it has been 2 weeks now with no improvement. Does this sort of injury take this long? And I do hate not exactly knowing what’s wrong with him as Xrays don’t show up muscle or tissue damage. I have a follow up appointment with the vets tonight.

Hi Sabby

I am sure he will be fine in time . As you say with soft tissue there is no way of knowing what
progress he is making it sounds really as though it can only be more rest and I know he will
hate that .Keep us posted about tonight .

Last edited:
Hi Sabby,
I think at this stage I'd press the vets to do a more thorough investigation.Taking him back is the right thing to do.
Sins

I agree that best to have it looked at..

Maybe he needs to stay off of it totally for a while?? I hope you get to the bottom of it.

I dob,t have any advice, jush hope they can figure it out so Harley doesn't have any more pain/discomfort.

Back