• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lost our beloved cat Tobey today, completely unexpected. Devastated.

Erin2854

I noticed today he didn't want to eat. Went to pet him and there was some drool on his chest. He got up and walked and was toppling over. I called the vet to make an appointment. He crawled under the couch and started howling and was panting and looked terrible. Called my husband who works down the street and he came right home, we rushed him to the emergency vet down the street, like 5 mins away. By the time we got there he passed away on the table. It all happened within an hour... We are heartbroken. I've had him and his 2 siblings since the day they were born, he was only 7 and never had a sick day in his life. Total snuggle bug. Our other cat, Emma's best friend. He was strictly indoors, I do not use any chemical cleaners, nothing poisonous laying around etc. Vet said he did not feel any blockages. I am numb and can't stop crying, neither can my husband. Such a sad day...things will not be the same without him. I will miss him terribly..

RIP Tobey..Mommy and Daddy love you so much and will miss you something awful
oh7bpu.jpg

Tobey was absolutely gorgeous. I can tell that you are so heart broken. I lost my first cat that I owned as an adult when I was 22 and people who didn't have pets just didn't understand my grief. I am so glad that this forum exists not just for our dogs but for everyone's other pets too. I'm so sorry for your loss Erin.

So very sorry for your loss, it's so hard when you feel cheated to lose them young - he was lucky to have such a wonderful healthy happy life with you and I hope that is a comfort to you.

I'm so sorry about Tobey. He's just beautiful, so sleek and black. Just as other posters had said, you gave him a great life, hoping that is a comfort to you.

Also, cry it all out, just let it all out and also know that Tobey is at peace... he is at Rainbow Bridge now... oh what a lovely place to be! Run free Tobey!

I know you are still hurting badly...

Such a sudden unexpected loss too. I know you will work through it but okay to get the pain out... Tears are part of grieving and finally, one day, healing.

Thank you everyone. I am having a really hard time dealing with this. I keep looking for him to come around the corner. My other cat's are nothing like him..he was the super cuddly one who would lay on his back in my lap and gently touch his little paws to my face. I could sleep with my arms wrapped around him..my other cats are much more independent and will come up for a quick pet and walk away. He was "Mr. personality". My husband and I don't have children and it's always been just us and the kitties since we got married 7 years ago (then Polly came along years later) and it's all we've ever known. We've had him since day 1...I actually saw him being born. We adopted a pregnant stray (Salem) and kept her 3 babies. And now I feel a part of me is missing...my eyes are so swollen and I've barely been able to eat in 3 days. I never thought it would be this hard...I wish I could have said goodbye and I hope he is still near me and feels our love for him. Have tears streaming down my face as I write this..I just can't stop crying :(

Last edited:
Back