Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisy's Appointment At Chestergates "Mr Geoff Skerritt" Mon 22 nd 11.00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Daisy's Appointment At Chestergates "Mr Geoff Skerritt" Mon 22 nd 11.00 AM

HI

It is with great sadness that I have decided that I must take my little Daisy to Chestergates for a consultation ,the
    appointment has been made with Mr Geoff Skerritt for next Monday 22 nd August at 11.00 AM
    with a follow up MRI the same day if required.

My philosophy with lots of things in life has been to face problems if and when they occur rather than worry
    about things that may never happen .So as my Daisy may now have to live with possibly SM/CM the rest
    of her life I am faced with a big learning curve regarding these horrendous problems that face many of
    our beloved Cavaliers ,so I may be asking for lots of help from other members to assist me in my future
    care of my little Blenheim girl "Dangerous Daisy".After watching her carefully for a time I can see no obvious signs of pain
    so I hope that whatever it may be is in its early stage and that it will be controlled and relieved by medication
    only as I cannot ever see us going any other way.I suppose I am fortunate in living only 15 mins away from
    the Chestergates facility and that Mr Skerritt who has done so much for all our Cavaliers is there to care for
    Daisy.

Thanks to all in advance.
    Last edited by Brian M; 21st August 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel sad about it Brian,
    You're doing absolutely the right thing.You're so very lucky to have Chestergates practically on your doorstep.Whatever medication is required,they'll be able to advise and guide you.
    Not all cavaliers scream,scratch and bunny hop when they have a syrinx,but what you've observed,totally justifies an appointment.Otherwise,she's a healthy strong dog and I'm sure she'll do just fine,whatever the outcome.
    Most importantly,never try to anticipate the outcome of a scan.
    What will be will be.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stay strong

So sorry to hear about Daisy. I will be praying that you get good news but if your worst fears are confirmed you are in the right place for expert advice and support. I can only offer the latter but be assured that all your friends on here will be praying for you and Daisy. You know I have a real soft spot for Miss Daisy please give her a big hug from me. Stay strong.
    Anne.
    Bubbles (blenheim) rescue cav,
    Mishka (tricolour) at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian
    I am so so sorry to hear about Daisy. If I be closer to you I would come and keep you company on Monday. I know the waiting is the worse. I just hope itís a good outcome. Like you know they found CM/SM on my Ebonies scan but she has no symptoms yet and she is a happy dog even despite her other problems. You are doing the best you possibly can for Daisy and thatís all you can do. At least we are aware of the problems thanks to this Forum and people like Tania and Margaret.

You and Daisy are in my thoughts. Sending
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Awww Brian, am so sorry. I must have missed the post in which you mentioned her symptoms. How old is Daisy? Do you mind sharing what led you to this decision?

I'll be praying that you will have peace at whatever the outcome and that IF Daisy should show something on a scan, it will easy to handle.

She is a beautiful girl, and you are a great dad. Be strong! Hugs from Claire and I.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Brian beautiful Daisy who always makes me smile. Like Sins said you are doing the right thing. Thinking of you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sometimes what we imagine is a lot worse than reality.

Well done and good luck.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Daisy next Monday
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you and Daisy may have to face this horrible disease. Just remember, you are not alone. You have the whole CT forum here with you for each and every doctor appointment. I ca't offer any advice, but I do offer all the support you need.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    Sometimes what we imagine is a lot worse than reality.

Well done and good luck.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Daisy next Monday
    Exactly. The most important thing is to treat daisy's symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also brian,

Remember that each cavalier is different. You have been on this forum and have a tremendous heart so have felt the hardships others have with CM or CM/SM. Some are worse than others so just know you are seeing a great neurologist who will treat daisy. You have a lot of support but as Margaret said sometimes we can imagine the worse. Sweet daisy... stay strong.