• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy's Appointment At Chestergates "Mr Geoff Skerritt" Mon 22 nd 11.00 AM

Brian M

HI

It is with great sadness that :(I have decided that I must take my little Daisy to Chestergates for a consultation ,the
appointment has been made with Mr Geoff Skerritt for next Monday 22 nd August at 11.00 AM
with a follow up MRI the same day if required.

My philosophy with lots of things in life has been to face problems if and when they occur rather than worry
about things that may never happen .So as my Daisy may now have to live with possibly SM/CM the rest
of her life I am faced with a big learning curve regarding these horrendous problems that face many of
our beloved Cavaliers ,so I may be asking for lots of help from other members to assist me in my future
care of my little Blenheim girl "Dangerous Daisy".After watching her carefully for a time I can see no obvious signs of pain
so I hope that whatever it may be is in its early stage and that it will be controlled and relieved by medication
only as I cannot ever see us going any other way.I suppose I am fortunate in living only 15 mins away from
the Chestergates facility and that Mr Skerritt who has done so much for all our Cavaliers is there to care for
Daisy.

Thanks to all in advance.:(

Last edited:
Don't feel sad about it Brian,
You're doing absolutely the right thing.You're so very lucky to have Chestergates practically on your doorstep.Whatever medication is required,they'll be able to advise and guide you.
Not all cavaliers scream,scratch and bunny hop when they have a syrinx,but what you've observed,totally justifies an appointment.Otherwise,she's a healthy strong dog and I'm sure she'll do just fine,whatever the outcome.
Most importantly,never try to anticipate the outcome of a scan.
What will be will be.
Sins

Stay strong

So sorry to hear about Daisy. I will be praying that you get good news but if your worst fears are confirmed you are in the right place for expert advice and support. I can only offer the latter but be assured that all your friends on here will be praying for you and Daisy. You know I have a real soft spot for Miss Daisy please give her a big hug from me. Stay strong.

Brian
I am so so sorry to hear about Daisy. If I be closer to you I would come and keep you company on Monday. I know the waiting is the worse. I just hope it’s a good outcome. Like you know they found CM/SM on my Ebonies scan but she has no symptoms yet and she is a happy dog even despite her other problems. You are doing the best you possibly can for Daisy and that’s all you can do. At least we are aware of the problems thanks to this Forum and people like Tania and Margaret.

You and Daisy are in my thoughts. Sending
:hug::hug:

Awww Brian, am so sorry. I must have missed the post in which you mentioned her symptoms. How old is Daisy? Do you mind sharing what led you to this decision?

I'll be praying that you will have peace at whatever the outcome and that IF Daisy should show something on a scan, it will easy to handle.

She is a beautiful girl, and you are a great dad. Be strong! Hugs from Claire and I.

I'm so sorry Brian :( beautiful Daisy who always makes me smile. Like Sins said you are doing the right thing. Thinking of you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sometimes what we imagine is a lot worse than reality.

Well done and good luck.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Daisy next Monday:xfngr:

Sorry you and Daisy may have to face this horrible disease. Just remember, you are not alone. You have the whole CT forum here with you for each and every doctor appointment. I ca't offer any advice, but I do offer all the support you need.

Sometimes what we imagine is a lot worse than reality.

Well done and good luck.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Daisy next Monday:xfngr:

Exactly. The most important thing is to treat daisy's symptoms.

Also brian,

Remember that each cavalier is different. You have been on this forum and have a tremendous heart so have felt the hardships others have with CM or CM/SM. Some are worse than others so just know you are seeing a great neurologist who will treat daisy. You have a lot of support but as Margaret said sometimes we can imagine the worse. Sweet daisy... stay strong.

One thing you can count on...

Is that we are here with support for you and Daisy....I love her dearly as she reminds me so much of Gracie's spunky personality. It broke my heart to read this post, but getting her tested is the right thing to do. I was lucky that Anniemac introduced me to SM and surgery thru her Ella very early on, so that I had some idea what SM was and the options. I then read everything I could here and elsewhere. About drove the neuros crazy with all my questions and ideas.

I just pray that you will indeed have much better news than we did ... And feel that you will. You and your girls are close to my heart always.

Brian,

You may need to see this picture to make you smile :) brian has a picture of daisy that whenever I felt down, I would look at it and laugh. Just that little thing she has with expressions could make me feel better.

aeff23ed-7e7b-7d85.jpg

Daisy says.. yuck!

Burst out laughing!!!

This is Gracie now when we give her Tramadol! Same face!

Brian,

You may need to see this picture to make you smile :) brian has a picture of daisy that whenever I felt down, I would look at it and laugh. Just that little thing she has with expressions could make me feel better.

aeff23ed-7e7b-7d85.jpg

Daisy says.. yuck!

Brian, we are with you and Daisy every step of the way whatever the outcome.

I am now nearly 18 months on from Minnie's diagnosis and the majority of the time she is just a normal dog doing normal things. I try not to not dwell on the might be but instead focus on what we have each day and the enjoyment she brings to our lives.:)

Fingers crossed for next week, you are doing the right thing :xfngr:

So sad to hear this Brian but it is really good that you are going to get her assessed and probably MRI'd. I was concerned to see that head tilt in your holiday video of her, and although that could occur for other reasons, Mr Skerritt will be able to talk you through it all.

You are indeed lucky to live so close to a fantastic facility - many of us are many hours or even days away from a neurologist.

You know you and Daisy will be in our thoughts, hoping and wishing for the best possible news - but it's ALWAYS better to know than to wonder, and you are also then in a position to give the help that may be required.

Wishing you and Daisy all the best for Monday. I am over two years down the road with Molly since her diagnosis. With the correct medication she is living a very happy and contented life. Dougall who has cm is being managed very carefully, now we have found what works, he is a sweet naughty little boy. If Daisy is diagnosed, don't forget we are all here to help and support you. :p

Hi

And thank you all Ladies for your concern and kindness I am truly touched by the warmth and generosity of so many
here it is truly like one big extended family, so in my case it is like me being down and feeling so concerned with my
little girl Daisy and the unknown then all of a suddenI have lots of sisters oferring words of kindness ,support , assistance
and guidedance .It is truly amazing and I indebted to all in this marvellous community that is CavalierTalk.

I sincerely thak you all .

Kind regards with lots of Thanks

brian

Hi Brian

Dangerous Daisy is very lucky to have a Dad that cares so much.
Whatever the outcome we all know you will continue to
be the best Dad any dog could wish to have.

Will be thinking of you on Monday.

Nanette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well said Nanette!!

Hi Brian

Dangerous Daisy is very lucky to have a Dad that cares so much.
Whatever the outcome we all know you will continue to
be the best Dad any dog could wish to have.

Will be thinking of you on Monday.

Nanette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Agree with this 100%.... Brian as a dad is the bestest!!!

Hi

How common is PSOM in Cavaliers ,and is it very difficult to differentiate between this and SM/CM and is
PSOM only confirmed by MRI like SM .I have read Betsey Lynch's informative comments about her "Trouble "
and the original diagnosis being mild to moderate CM and then with her problems with partial deafness in many
of her dogs .I have mentioned previously on CT about Daisy hearing me when she wants to hear me so it
just got me thinking should I be cramming up on PSOM as well but there's not a lot of info about .

Also is it wrong of me for know to ask about SM/CM or are they so different I should ask about them individually.

I am trying to learn so I hope my teachers will guide me ,thanks .

Back