• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy's Appointment At Chestergates "Mr Geoff Skerritt" Mon 22 nd 11.00 AM

Hi

I should know by now but I don't and to be honest it puts a little lump in my throat .What am I talking about ? all
the kind heart sincere beautiful people here on Ct ,you think sometimes you are on your own then you open Ct
and start reading and its absolutely amazing .

Daisy and I sincerely than you all for your kind thoughts and wishes and Daisy tells me she sends sloppy internet licks
to all and that she will do her very best not to growl at Mr Skerritt but she says apart from all the bossy bravado
she is really only a little softie and will focus her big brown eyes on Mr Skerritt to try and make him a softie too .

Just read the " Welcome Letter " from Chestergates and signed the claim form so I have that, my insurance docs and
her annual vac cert and the small copy of her Kennel Club reg cert ,and my wallet of course ,cant think of anything
else I need but I might type a little word document with what her symptoms are and poss a list of her food and supplements
in case anything I give may clash with future medication .I haven't as yet contacted her breeder as I only have my suspcions
till we know one way or other tomorrow and then I will send a polite email as I hold her in very high esteem for all her beautiful Cavaliers.
We will all go to the park for a walk at 8.00 then home for 9.00 and she can have a little sleep then we will leave at around
10.20 and should get there for 10.40 to complete any paperwork and then we can watch Kate's Oliver on telly and wait for
Mr Skerritt .When I think about little Gracie and Debs long journey and then Chestergates is just a few minutes down Chester High Road
I am lucky to be so near .

Time for the last walk and game of ball so off to the park again .

I am so sorry to hear that Daisy might be ill. I hope the best for her and send you all my warmest thoughts and best wishes.

will be thinking of you and Daisy tomorrow and praying for the very best outcome for all. I see you have your list of things to bring......but I didn't see Daisy on the list! :hug:Good luck and we all will be waiting patiently for your update.

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow Brian.

Not sure what advice they have given you re feeding, I would not feed Daisy in the morning [or allow water] Put her in another room or in the car so she doesn't get upset with the others being fed.

It's a good idea to take a written statement of medications, also symptoms you have observed, medical history etc.

Usual procedure is to carry out a full neurological examination, which will be accompanied by questions about her symptoms etc.

Then she will have her MRI, and afterwards another consult to discuss the results. If necessary they may do a spinal tap - they shave a patch on the spine and remove a sample of spinal cord fluid.

We will be thinking of you

Hello Nicki

I have already prepared Pops ,Rosie and Lily's breakfast which Dawn can give and Daisy will
stay upstairs with me ,but you say NO Water is that right .?

You will be close to my heart all day...

You and Ms Daisy both. I too was sometimes at a loss for words at the lovely support from so many good friends here. I hope you too feel all of us with you tomorrow. We will be!!! What a great plan of action you have so that Daisy has several lovely activities. Sending gentle kisses from Gracie.

I'd lift the water at bedtime Brian - put it back down for the others as you go out the door.

I'm not sure what they recommend there if she's only having a sedative - what I've quoted is standard procedure for a GA, but I do the same if they are only having a sedative just in case.

Hi
Just had my cornflakes and the girls have a
little treat apart from Daisy who gave me a
withering look ,she knows something is going on.

Hi Brian,
Hope everything goes well today with Daisy. I will be thinking about you today. It must be awful for you to go through this. I know how much you love your girls. Fingers crossed you have a good outcome. Hugs from Jasper and Holly!

Hi

Back home to wait .First what a nice man Mr Skerritt is and having now met him I have 100% confidence in all he does .Arrived at 10.45 saw
reception and booked her in signed a few forms answered a few questions and left an insurance form though I will pay before we leave .He guided us
to a room and observed Daisy as she meandered in asked lots of general questions,including how she walks does ever she trip or stumble and how she handles exercise generally, then asked about her hearing and then kneeled down and stroked down her right and Dasiy scratched .Explanation of the principles and inherited nature of SM and explained how CM is so common and its development and also explained about PSOM .He decided to give Daisy a full MRI under G.A. but prior to that a chest examination to make sure she can handle it and then a blood test to check her liver and kidneys function and then her MRI ,so I will see him after my dentist appointment at 3.30 then its decision time .Geoff then left after the arrival of a nurse who went over the procedures and what they will be looking for and explained the added risk of a G.A and of course requested a signed a consent form ,she kept Daisy on a little loop lead as we left first with Daisy trying to follow and of course guilt set in with leaving little Daisy behind looking after me.
Kate they have no television in reception now so couldnt watch Oliver .I did of course ask Mr S if he would buy a Cavalier now with all their problems and
with his knowledge ,he has a golden retriever and his wife a border collie ,he answered yes he would buy a Cavalier as he knows where to go ,so we agreed that if I ever decide on an addittion I shall ask him first .In half an hour we shall take Pops,Rosie and Lily for another walk in New Brighton I think then my dental appoitment then back to Chestergates to wait.
Oh I told him what I feed and what supplements I give and he is happy with that.

Thanks so much for the update...

First thing I checked today on the computer. Sorry she had to have anesthesia. I felt bad leaving Gracie too. It is always hard to do that but she is under anesthesia or out of it anyway. The waiting time drove me crazy, so hubby and I went to a movie to pass the time. I will be holding my breath until you report back. So hoping it is not serious at all.

It is great that he knows WHO to go to there for a Cavalier... it is VERY hard here to find out here who to go to. I have only identified FOUR breeders so far that I know do MRI testing and do not have history of SM. Augh!!!!

I have been thinking of you and Daisy all day. Especially when AXA rang me this morning with the go ahead for Harleys scan on Thursday.

Sounds like you are in good hands with Mr Skerritt.

Hello sabby
Just at dentist hope i am in good hands here as well ,
then back to Chestergates have almost rung them to
make sure Daisy is Ok but better not.

Brian, you are in my thoughts [will post separately in a while, but there is a special reason why :( ]

Hope the dentist was ok, what an awful day to have that.

. Especially when AXA rang me this morning with the go ahead for Harleys scan on Thursday.

That's good news Sabby (y)

Brain, I've not been on line much so missed this thread. Dangerous Daisy is my thoughts and praying for good news, she is such a character.

Hi
Back at Chestergates with my three teeth still intact.just
asked at reception she is just awake but still groggy
so we await Mr S who they have just told i am back,
sounds like the terminator.

Back