Thread: Cavalier and Cavalier x (females) with LSPCA

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"Libby", the little Cavalier lady, is still available for rehoming!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Libby is still looking for a home ?

If so. Can you tell me if she is goods with kids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to call the Louth SPCA -- these are just crossposted items.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karenn View Post
    If so. Can you tell me if she is goods with kids?
    This is the rescue's description of Libby.

This is "Libby", she is a little female ckc. Libby is approx 2 yrs old. When she came into me she was totally emaciated and although she weighed just 5kg The majority of that was made up of huge hair matts and her ear's were 3X times the size seen here with 1/2 inch thick matts that had to be shaved off. Libby is still quite thin but slowely gaining weight now that she is getting regular food. All she wants is to be cuddled up next to you getting lots of TLC, She is a typical "Lap Dog. The home I need to find for Libby is one where there will be someone at home most of the day, Libby seem's to prefer male dogs to Female, But is not overly interested in bigger dogs So preferably no other dogs unless they are small breed male & very friendly. If there are children in the house they must be 16+ , Again simply because she would like to be the centre of attention. Libby has been fully vaccinated & Is house trained, In fact she is a very clean little girl. For more info please contact 086-0594375 ♥

Having read about this lovely girlm particularly "All she wants is to be cuddled up next to you getting lots of TLC...." leaves me feeling so guilty because yesterday I took some time out to snuggle up on the sofa with all the dogs to watch tv. It seems wrong somehow to share all that loving with the ByFloSins while girls like Libby are homeless. Wish I could take her, but I have Cavaliers of both sexes and Bubbles is very autocratic.

I have been looking out for a rescue, probably a golden oldie or an ex PF dog, for more than a year now, but the right one hasn't come along yet.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Karlin

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    You need to call the Louth SPCA -- these are just crossposted items.
    Thanks for that. I don't suppose you happen to know where we might get a female cavalier from by any chance?

We are hoping for an older puppy or dog rather than a very young pup as this will be our first ever dog and to be honest I'm slightly nervous of our lack of experience particularly with a new puppy etc.

I have tried every where over the last couple of months (was even at the show in Cloughran on the 1st Oct) but I couldn't even get a puppy there as all sold, I was however, told about two older ones -2 and 3 year olds I think, but, both were already gone when I followed up on them.

From checking the cavalier Rescue page and website, I know that you don't have any at the moment, but on the off chance that one came up I would really appreciate if you would keep us in mind. (We are of course happy to pay)Also I note from the website that on occasions (I assume depending on the dog etc) you make exceptions to the rule no kids under 7 - I had better come clean now - we have 6 year old twins!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me asking but, having done our resear we have become so fond of this dog for so many reasons (apart from being beatiful to look at, there whole personality, sounds just perfect to fit into our family) that we now really want one.

Thanks for you time

Karen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Flow For some reason I only got to read this after I had posted. I will just have to keep looking

oSin;404624]This is the rescue's description of Libby.

This is "Libby", she is a little female ckc. Libby is approx 2 yrs old. When she came into me she was totally emaciated and although she weighed just 5kg The majority of that was made up of huge hair matts and her ear's were 3X times the size seen here with 1/2 inch thick matts that had to be shaved off. Libby is still quite thin but slowely gaining weight now that she is getting regular food. All she wants is to be cuddled up next to you getting lots of TLC, She is a typical "Lap Dog. The home I need to find for Libby is one where there will be someone at home most of the day, Libby seem's to prefer male dogs to Female, But is not overly interested in bigger dogs So preferably no other dogs unless they are small breed male & very friendly. If there are children in the house they must be 16+ , Again simply because she would like to be the centre of attention. Libby has been fully vaccinated & Is house trained, In fact she is a very clean little girl. For more info please contact 086-0594375 ♥

Having read about this lovely girlm particularly "All she wants is to be cuddled up next to you getting lots of TLC...." leaves me feeling so guilty because yesterday I took some time out to snuggle up on the sofa with all the dogs to watch tv. It seems wrong somehow to share all that loving with the ByFloSins while girls like Libby are homeless. Wish I could take her, but I have Cavaliers of both sexes and Bubbles is very autocratic.

I have been looking out for a rescue, probably a golden oldie or an ex PF dog, for more than a year now, but the right one hasn't come along yet.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Karen: Be sure to read up on the breed as there are some considerations about keeping a cavalier and also potentially costly and unfortunately, very common and serious health concerns to be aware of. I think you are right in considering a slightly older dog -- a lot easier for you with younger kids!

I'd recommend contacting www.nearseas.com and let them know what you are thinking about -- Rena sometimes has older dogs. She also does full and *proper* health testing of all her breeding dogs, unlike most breeders in Ireland (you can see she notes her MRI results for her breeding dogs and potential breeding dogs ) as well as cardiologist and eye test results and dates). Best of luck and let us know how things go. It is extremely important to support health testing breeders trying to improve breed health and create a future for this under-pressure breed.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...ING-A-CAVALIER

We also have several guides to looking for a puppy linked from the front page of the site.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for taking the time to do that for me Karlin

I will get in touch with Rena. I have read all your various pieces on health risks and buying a puppy etc. and the various health issues etc over the last few months and found it very sad terrifying to be honest. Reassuring that you think an older ckc might suit us better. I'm thinking too that a suitable rescue maybe a good option all round. Thanks again for your time and I will let you know how things end up

QUOTE=Karlin;404674]Hi Karen: Be sure to read up on the breed as there are some considerations about keeping a cavalier and also potentially costly and unfortunately, very common and serious health concerns to be aware of. I think you are right in considering a slightly older dog -- a lot easier for you with younger kids!

I'd recommend contacting www.nearseas.com and let them know what you are thinking about -- Rena sometimes has older dogs. She also does full and *proper* health testing of all her breeding dogs, unlike most breeders in Ireland (you can see she notes her MRI results for her breeding dogs and potential breeding dogs ) as well as cardiologist and eye test results and dates). Best of luck and let us know how things go. It is extremely important to support health testing breeders trying to improve breed health and create a future for this under-pressure breed.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...ING-A-CAVALIER

We also have several guides to looking for a puppy linked from the front page of the site. [/QUOTE]