• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just having a virtual scream.... on behalf of Cavaliers and those who love them

GraciesMom

I just had to have a good loud scream.... so sad to see more of my CT friends and Facebook friends too who have just gotten an SM diagnosis. FIVE in one week. And all of these are people near to my heart. I feel like it is happening all over again to me because you all mean so much to me. I knew you would all understand that sometimes enough is enough... and you just have to let it out. Hissy fit over.

On the positive side, Gracie continues to recover so well from her SM surgery. We had a couple of days where her tummy was aggravated by her topical insect med and was harder to get her meds into her system, but seems to be much better now with no burping up bits of meds and food.

We are able to hide her tramadol now inside liverwurst with a bit of strong cheddar, rolled into a tiny ball. So whoever suggested liverwurst, bless you. She does not mind the gabapentin as much. She much prefers the cherry flavor liquid they used for that compared to the beef flavored meds... interesting.

Thanks for listening...

So glad Gracie is improving.
I have a feeling there are people all over the world who have joined you in your "virtual scream" today.

:(

Nothing "virtual " about my scream. This just hurts my heart so much.

On a positive note, I'm glad Gracie is doing better. The liverwurst is great for meds. That's the way I give them to Sydney.

I'll scream with you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
It's so tough, this precious breed deserves a chance, and it just seems everything is working against it. I look at my two every day and wonder 'when', and think about how much time we'll have together. It's heartbreaking.

Good to know Gracie is getting better all the time. If she prefers the cherry flavour, she must have sweet tooth!

After Nicki's post about her scan of Kaleigh...

I actually had a good cry... Not very productive but I feel better. I am just heartsick about one scan after another. Holding Gracie here in my lap on the screen porch as the sun sets and so want us to make some progress in fighting this horrid condition. But to cheer myself up...I turned on the colored party lights on the porch and am drinking a glass of wine and telling Gracie that I love her and we will get through this together.... Somehow.

Sometimes a good scream is exactly what the Doctor ordered. It is certainly much better than holding it all in and having the stress build and cause bigger issues.

I pray this is it for a while. The really sad part is it seems more like a virus the way it's spread these last few weeks. Of course it's not and that makes it even harder to understand 'where' it's coming from.

Keep your chin up Debra......and enjoy your special times with a very special dog.

Last edited:
I am so glad Gracie is getting better each day. You have been through a lot and you are very brave.
I am beyond screaming I am just deeply saddened by what’s happening to this breed and there are some people just ignoring it.
I dread Thursday when Harley is having his scan, I been crying all week. I can’t even describe how I am feeling.

Well....we are with you every step of the way

I am so glad Gracie is getting better each day. You have been through a lot and you are very brave.
I am beyond screaming I am just deeply saddened by what’s happening to this breed and there are some people just ignoring it.
I dread Thursday when Harley is having his scan, I been crying all week. I can’t even describe how I am feeling.

Now a big group of us who have been there and know that sick feeling in your tummy and cried out eyes out. Not going anywhere... just gonna be here to help you out as much as we can.

Back