Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daisy - More Bads News From Chestergates Last Night

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Daisy - More Bads News From Chestergates Last Night

HI

I am a bit lost ,hurt and disappointed this morning . I phoned Chestergates early yesterday to ask two questions ,firstly can I have a
    copy of the xray mri images on a cd please and secondly I forgot to ask Mr Skerritt about Daisy's heart as I presume she was checked
    before her G A .The nurse who was with Daisy phoned me at 5.45pm and said the part of their scanner that copies to cd is broken so for
    now they cant do it but Mr S did give me on the xray sheet the most appropriate images ,OK I can live wthout that, so hows her heart as MR
    S didnt mention it ,out of the blue she commented Daisy has a murmur.

That was like a kick in the bxxx I could feel myself go cold ,then next she said you can get another referral and come and see our cardiologist,
    not now let me think .How could this not have been mentioned on Monday ,my opinion of Chestergates is severely dented .

So I have an appointment at my vets at 11.10 today and started thinking who is the best around I can take Daisy to ,so I phoned North
    West Surgeons in Runcorn its another referral hospital the one Rosie was almost going to have her patella op and ther cardiologist is Mr Simon
    Swift .When I phoned last night to see if hes available they were closed but open today at 8.30 when I will ring and see if Daisy can see him.

So my plan is phone NWS at 8.30 then phone my insurers AXA then go to my vets at 11.10 then if all works see Mr Swift today/tomorrow or Friday,
    so I hope MR Swift is there .I dont know if I am doing right or wrong and tried to get some advice last night but unfortunately couldnt.

Will try and post as the day goes along ,also Dawn has got the docs at 9.10 and last night at the end of Lukes Karate lesson in L/pool the bxxxxx
    car wouldnt start for the first time ever so I was pannicking over that as it was 10.00 pm and I had all 4 girls with me ,fortunately the AA turned up
    and we got home at 11.30.Good ob I am on a weeks hols .Poor Daisy she is like a Russian Genera ie Daisy Murtagh SM ,SM,PSOM and poss MVD.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Brian I am really really sorry to read this, now you have concerns about Daisy`s heart, maybe they assumed that you already knew about her murmur, there was obviously a lot to take in on Monday and I know it`s often when to walk away that you suddenly realise that you should have asked certain questions, I know Daisy has other health issues but please don`t despair at her heart, not sure how old Daisy is now, but speaking from experience with a dog who was discovered to have heart problems at 8 yrs and knowing how I felt at the time, he is now 11 and a half and still has a good life with regular check ups, as least it`s good that you live in an area where you have a good choice of vets, living in a rural area we do not have this choice, although the vets I attend has hospital status and open 24 hours and excellent facilities. Thinking of you all.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Just phoned Nws and Mr Swift is available
    Thurs or Fri ,next my vets and referral letter.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brian....I am screaming with you!!!!

So glad you have an appointment this week, but am angered for you that this did not come up!!! are neurologists too focused on their area that they would forget it or think it is not worth noting?? my goodness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you have got an appointment so quick. Look at the two of us. You at the Cardioligist and Harley and Me for an MRI.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Brian how awful to find out like that, it has certainly been a rotten week.

Sins and myself were only saying the other night how medication for heart
    problems has improved, although I am sure you would rather not read that
    this now does not have to be a death sentence. My Cassie lived for several
    years with MVD well managed on tablets. This was not the case several
    years ago and many of my Cavaliers died soon after diagnosis.

Sending hugs to you all.

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Oh brian,

I'm so sorry to read this and can't believe that someone just happened to tell you when you called about images. When I think of hearts, simon swift comes to mind so I know you are seeing someone well known.

How old is Daisy? I know when ella was about 2 the vet said he thought he heard a murmer but is not something to be alarming and to check next visit since he wasn't sure and that sometimes it changes. (I think that is one reason it is recommended to have cardiologist exam b/c vets can't pick up as easily. Never heard anything about it for 3 yrs and completely normal. He said this sometimes happens.

I think this happened recently to shannon's holly but can't remember. I'm hoping this is the case with daisy. You have been through a lot but remember that a lot of this can be well managed.

She's the same dangerous daisy and hopefully new medication will get her back on track and dr. Swift says its a false alarm or something real mild.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Brian
    Another shock for you I am so sorry. I must agree with you that you should have been told this at the consultation after the MRI. When Ebony was diagnosed at 2 by my old vet he just said very casual she got a murmur, when he saw the shock on my face he just said “Well it’s a Cavalier” You are seeing a good cardiologist. I know what you are going through, I think I seen my vet more then I seen my husband this year. God you must be glad when life gets backs to a bit of normality.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor Brian,
    I'm sure you have been so worried.

This is really not a life sentence, most cavaliers will develop a murmur at some time and most of them live for years without any symptoms, so don't despair too soon.

Simon Swift is about the best known cardiologist in the cavalier world because he has been the 'Cavalier Club Cardiologist' and involved in the club heart testing scheme for years. So you could not be taking Daisy to anyone better qualified to give advice.

When you do pluck up the courage to watch PDE you will see Simon being interviewed at a cavalier show.

Give Daisy a big hug from me
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sabby

And thanks .Just back from the docs and Dawn was told come back in two weeks as the doctor is concerned about her weight loss
    she has lost 7 lb in three weeks and is now 9 st 7 lb ,she has had severe migraine attacks for years but now has stomach problems
    so she was prescribe Lansoprazole 30mg once daily and if no improvement in two weeks it will be the camera down to see whats happening.

Back to Daisy I phoned AXA and they were fine and no objection at all about going to North West Surgeons ,about 30 mins by car ,and
    AXA have already emailed another claim form so we now see my vets at 11.10 today for another referral letter which should be no problem and
    then Mr Simon Swift on either Thurs or Friday of this week . I suppose in a way all this should happen when I am off for a week which
    is ideal and its amazing that the people I wanted Daisy to see have all been available so I have been very lucky there.

http://www.nwsurgeons.co.uk/services-cardiology.php N.W.S.

http://www.nwsurgeons.co.uk/speciali...imon-swift.php Mr Simon Swift

My car is fine it was me .I sit outside The Red Triangle Karate Club every Tues and Thurs from 6.30 till Luke comes out about 9.45 and of course I
    had the radio on and was checking the SatNav for directions and when we came to to go home the battery was flat and so I phoned Honda Care and
    within an hour the AA turned up put jump leads on and it started straight off ,he checked the battery and its charging rate and even said thats fine
    no need for a new battery just dont use all the electric gadgets while I am sitting waiting with the engine off .Initially I did think xxxxxxxxxxx hell
    what will I do now stuck in the middle of L/Pool in a not so good area with Luke and four Cavaliers ,but alls well in the end.The car is a CRV which
    I bought from new as Honda have a superb reliabilty record and its nice and big to take four Cavaliers and three humans and its never ever
    let me down before ,its just on 4 years old and has done aout 60 k so will prob keep for another 12 months or so then get another one

http://www.kugb.org/kugb-instructor-sensei-profiles.php Sensi Sherry 8th Dan ,Luke's instructor last night the highest and best in Europe

Hope I am doing right for Daisy as I have never been through all this before so If I am doing wrong please HELP and tell me.
    Brian M