• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dribbling

mistyhaiz

hi all i have recently rehomed two beautiful ruby cavalier girls from different places. one is over weight who is currently on a diet and as been seen by the vet the other i had yesterday. she was in a terrible condition all her fur was badly matted her claws were very long, it took us hours to get all the matted fur out. well i've notice she's dribbling a lot she's about 3 years old and she will be seeing the vet a.s.a.p. i was just wondering if anyone else's cavalier also dribble's and is it normal ??. i have three cavaliers and a springer. none of the other cavie's dribble. when i walked her last night it seemed to be worse. i would be very grateful if someone knows why she is doing this ?? .

I assume you mean she is dribbling urine? This is not an uncommon problem in spayed bitches, though it is more common in elderly ones. I had a mixed breed dog with this problem and the vet prescribed daily phenylpropanolamine (PPA), which successfully controlled it. My sister's westie developed the problem much younger and took weekly doses of the hormone DES, which was also successful.

Talk with your vet, and I'm sure you can find a solution for your cavalier.

no i think i should of stated it more clearly, she looks like she's swallowed a shoe and as the laces hanging down the sides of her mouth.

My first Cavalier used to dribble for England when there was food about - he looked as though he'd had a tap turned on in his greedy mouth, and would have great strings of drool hanging from either side of his lips.

But do check with the vet in case she has some sort of a problem.

Rosemary

awww bless, and thanks. she booked to see the vet next week fingers crossed it's nothing serious she hasn't had the best start in life x

I was thinking a tooth infection. It's good that you see the Vet early this week, as something like a tooth infection or even loose or missing tooth could cause some real issues if left u attended.

Do you know anything of her background? Bless you for taking in these needy dogs.

Back