Thread: Sleepypod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleepypod

I am thinking about purchasing a Sleepypod for my cav. I really like this product but my only concern is that it would be too small for her to lie down, sit up, and turn around comfortably. Does anyone have one? I'd really like to hear someone's input on it. It says it's for dogs up to 12.5 pounds but I'm just not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

How are you planning on using it?
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on using it is a car seat only. But I travel a lot so I'd want her to be comfortable and not feel cramped.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I bought it anyway. And I think it is on the small side. She can't really stand up without having to bend her head down and it seems like she might be a little cramped. When she's laying down in it I think she is fine. There's a good chance I will return it. I am going to use it for car travel today and see how it goes and then make my decision. But all in all I think it is just too small for a cavie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a shame I really like the look of this for those with single or maybe two dogs - might be worth suggesting to them that they create a bigger size?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    What a shame I really like the look of this for those with single or maybe two dogs - might be worth suggesting to them that they create a bigger size?
    I agree, I love the look of them too, but my cavs are way too big for something like that... they look nice and sturdy, and come in soooo many colours!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, my Cav is pretty small. She's only 10 pounds at 8 months and I still think it is too small for her. On their website they have a picture of a cavalier next to the Sleepypod. But there is just no way a cav can comfortably fit in that thing.