Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn off to the Neurologist tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brooklyn off to the Neurologist tomorrow...

First, can I say that it makes me sick to my tummy that I am even posting anything in the SM forum category? Sigh.

So Brooklyn is off to the neuro tomorrow...and my husband is in Hong Kong...and I am so new to this country that I don't have anyone to come with me...and well...I am scared. I have all my insurance forms filled out, symptoms all types up, videos edited. I am ready....but my heart is not. It is all open from here on out, and we will just take it as it comes, but I am just so nervous of what may be. All I want is Brooklyn to have the best life ever, we are two peas in a pod, bonded at the hip, inseparable little people, she know what I am thinking before I do. She jumps at my happiness, she licks up my tears. She is my rock, I am her cuddle partner. She has given me purpose in a new country, through her, I have met the people I now know. Through her I have made friends (was just at a baby show this weekend for a friend I met in puppy school!) I am indebted to her for giving me that, what a blessing. In a new country she alone has opened a whole world of people to me. Bless her heart.

Today, I was a bit sad...hubby gone, neuro tomorrow, sister about to give birth (in America! and she is my world) and just feeling all round yuck. All I wanted was sleep, but Brooklyn is not allowed in our bedroom, let alone bed! But I thought, heck with it! I have the best trained dog on the planet, this won't change anything...so I brought her blankie into my bed, then brought her in too. At first she gave me this look like "ahhh, mama? I don't think we should do this" ha, but I told her "get on your mat" and she didnt even run, sniff or do anything, she just got on her blanket like I asked and curled up. She rested her head on my tummy and we both slept til 5 pm! I felt so connected to her, like she just knew, this is what I needed, she just had to behave and be with me. What a sweet girl.

So now the countdown begins. Neuro at 10 am Sydney time. Wish us luck...xx

Post Thanks / Like

My parish priest once looked after Oliver for a day and took him for a walk round the parish. He commented when he gave him back 'Every parish priest should have a dog - I've spoken to so many parishioners I've never met before because they stopped to say hello to Oliver!'

Brooklyn will still be the same dog, whatever the outcome of your visit to the neuro. If the result is bad, she will need you even more, to fight on her side against this horrible disease and keep her comfortable and living as normal a life as possible for as long as possible. You know we'll all be thinking of you, and waiting to hear your news.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words Kate, I so appreciate it and love your parish priest story. They really are little spiritual creatures aren't they? They make you selfless and self aware

Also, to everyone, is there anything or any key questions that you think I should know before I go? I mean, I have a list, I feel really prepared, but for those who have been trough this before, were there any key things to remember or stuff you wish you would have asked?

It is only 9:15 pm, but I think I am putting Brooky and I to bed now...we need our beauty rest for tomorrow. At least I know Brooklyn is the chillest dog at the vets, so she will do great seeing the neuro. She is a rock star like that.

And yes Kate, thank you for reminding me that no matter what happens tomorrow, Brooklyn will not change. She will not be different. I need people to remind me of that. As humans, when we get sick or get the "diagnosis", we do tend to change, our minds get filled with all the "what-if's" and over flow of information. But dogs, aren't like that. She will not be googling the internet filling her brain with fears, she will not be wondering what will be, she will not know that anything has changed. I need to remember to live like her...no matter what happens tomorrow, it's good to live that way for all situations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know how close you and Brooklyn are and I will be thinking of you. Not sure of the time difference (I think you are getting ready to go to sleep so not sure when 10am is) but please know that I am thinking of you.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Many thoughts going out to you and Brooklyn. Good news vibes going out to you too

Becky

Post Thanks / Like

Sending positive thoughts to you and Brooklyn.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You know we are with you and Brooklyn...

And that most of us know what you are going through. I do hate that your hubby is gone and do not have a friend to take with you. I will add that my hubby actually did not make things better. He gets so antsy... I finally sent him off to do something else while I waited at the neuro office. We care about you and Brooklyn so much... I will keep watching for news when you can post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kelsey, I am sorry you feel alone. Truly, if I lived anywhere near you I would go with you. So much going on for you!

I do like what Kate said about Brooklyn not changing. She is the same, and will be the same beautiful sweet, loving, funny, and cute dog she has always been. BTW, I love that you took her to bed with you......I think you both needed that.

We are here, waiting and praying for you both. Just know that, okay? Know that people all around the world are thinking of and praying for you. And we will be here through it all, with you, holding your hand, even though it's virtual.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

My heart is aching for you. Please don't feel like you are all alone, you have the entire CavalierTalk forum going with you tomorrow. Brooklyn is in the best possible hand, yours. She will still be your sweet cavalier no matter what the diagnosis is. Whatever happens, you will be able to handle. Love you and Brooklyn and will keep you in my prayers.

Sending you hugs from me and sloppy wet kisses from Sydney!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are thinking of you - it's so hard when you enjoy that special relationship, but anything like this actually brings you closer - as I said to Sabby, you find the strength within you to cope, because you love your companion so much.

Times - it's just gone 7.17am in Sydney TOMORROW morning, so just under three hours until appt time - I think!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org