Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misty's being referred

Post Thanks / Like

Default no matter what this is a tough but put that guilt away!

Your new vet sounds awesome! Wish he was near me. It is a hard enough time to go through without second-guessing yourself. Very few people know all the subtle symptoms and even fewer Cavalier owners would be out there hunting down info on how to help their dog. You are doing a great job and have Misty on the right track. No reason for guilt here missy!
    Last edited by GraciesMom; 2nd September 2011 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great video.....having fun, just being a dog.

Don't blame yourself, we do the best we can. Give yourself a hug from Claire and I.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I love that video of Misty...they are amazing aren't they. They don't worry 1/10 as much a we do. Such a testament to their huge hearts and willingness to keep going, sometimes just for the sake of us

I am so glad you have found a new vet that makes you happy and will get you all the help you need. I am on this road with Brooklyn right now, so I know how hard all these "what if's" can be. It is so hard to wait, so hard to imagine what it will be, so hard to even get in the car and go to a neurologist. But like GraciesMom said, there are very few people who fight this hard for their dogs and most don't even know what is wrong. You should be so proud of yourself. Brooklyn and I are very proud of you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thanks everyone

It's a shame the video doesn't have sound, or you could hear how ferocious she sounds. She never used to make a sound when we first got her, or play for that matter. But now she loves her mad half hour with Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy's mum View Post
    Oh thanks everyone

It's a shame the video doesn't have sound, or you could hear how ferocious she sounds. She never used to make a sound when we first got her, or play for that matter. But now she loves her mad half hour with Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear sound! LOL Sounds about like Blitz & Flash. Mine play the same way Holly is very quiet about it...not making a peep. Now Flash & Blitz are a different story. LOL People who don't know them think they are really fighting.
    Flash Blitz Holly

Post Thanks / Like

I heard sound too! Maybe someone turned down the volume on your computer.
    Cindy and Claire

Post Thanks / Like

That's adorable. It certainly looks and "sounds" like they're having fun!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I'm really not good with technology, turned my volume back up
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that smilie!
    Cindy and Claire

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Murphy and Misty's mum. Haven't been on her for a while, sorry you're having such an awful time. Have you heard from Glasgow yet?
    They are great in there, we saw a few of their vets, including Maria, when we went there with my mum's dachshund - he ruptured a disc in his back causing paralysis. My mum's vet advised it could happen over and over, especially given his age (he is only 9 and the dachshund we had when I was a teen lived to 18 ), so she was phoning me, extremely upset, to say she was going to have him put to sleep. Long story short, I did not concur with this prognosis so I took the rest of the day off work, collected him from montrose and took him to glasgow where he was given a 70 per cent chance of full recovery. That was a few months back, he's walking again without his sling and is quite happy thank you very much Glasgow.
    Hang in there. Misty looks like she is coping
    Last edited by MMM; 6th September 2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: typo