Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Poor Toby

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Poor Toby

    Toby lost 2 top front teeth. I thought he would go on with no issue but he must be uncomfortable because he has not played as usual today and he will not even take a tendon chew He will bite your fingers but nothing else. So I put a wet wash cloth in the freezer for a bit, I hope that helps. He will not allow you to massage his gums or get close to his mouth unless its to bite or nibble. Poor pup. I hope this doesn't last long.

    Becky

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just his puppy teeth right?

    What I did for Brooky was put some of her stuffed toys in water, then in the freezer she loved to chew on them and they would stay cold for some time. I think that helped her.

    Poor Toby!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kenilworth, Warwickshire UK
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's a shame for them at teething time isn't it ? Alfie has lost 6 teeth now ( well at least 6 that Ive found, one a big one ) He doesn't seem too bad to be honest, but he is chewing a lot on toys and although his biting with me is less, it isn't with Jacob ! Poor Jacob, who is a Dobie as a few of you may know from my pics. He (Jacob) tolerates this really well ( he is also teething ) and himself, usually only mouths in return, although does a crafty nip at times. A bit off topic, but this started at the onset of teething..... Alfie 'humps' Jacob well whichever bit of him he can reach... which is very embarrassing , if rather amusing given the huge size difference.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hmmmm Maybe I could do that with his skunk. He only has 2 stuffed toys as he keeps tearing them apart.

    Becky


    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Just his puppy teeth right?

    What I did for Brooky was put some of her stuffed toys in water, then in the freezer she loved to chew on them and they would stay cold for some time. I think that helped her.

    Poor Toby!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WOW 6 teeth! I try to scope out Toby's mouth but he thinks its time to play with me and bite instead of allowing me to see his teeth. I can only see inside when he is asleep. Poor Jacob LOL At least he is big enough to defend himself if he has to LOL I'm sorry Alfie has started those icky habits but at least your friends understand.
    We tried playing with Toby last night or at least encouraging him to chew on his toys and he had no interest at all. Just before we took him for his nightly walk, he went outside to go potty. He had diarrhea He just isn't feeling well. I think its either the bugs he ate (he ate an ant and mosquito hawk yesterday) or we are training too much and he ate too many treats. So its a chicken and rice breakfast this morning.
    I don't know if pups get diarrhea when losing teeth because of the pain or what. Its his first bought with it.
    Becky


    Quote Originally Posted by Blueroses View Post
    It's a shame for them at teething time isn't it ? Alfie has lost 6 teeth now ( well at least 6 that Ive found, one a big one ) He doesn't seem too bad to be honest, but he is chewing a lot on toys and although his biting with me is less, it isn't with Jacob ! Poor Jacob, who is a Dobie as a few of you may know from my pics. He (Jacob) tolerates this really well ( he is also teething ) and himself, usually only mouths in return, although does a crafty nip at times. A bit off topic, but this started at the onset of teething..... Alfie 'humps' Jacob well whichever bit of him he can reach... which is very embarrassing , if rather amusing given the huge size difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kenilworth, Warwickshire UK
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They can get diarrhea when teething Becky. I lifted this from a website :


    Aggression. As the teeth begin to fall out, the puppy's personality may begin to change. As the adorable, eager-to-please furball is compelled to mouth everything in its sphere--including its human companions--questions about authority and pecking order pop into the canine mind. What began as teething-driven mouthiness can quickly turn into nipping and even biting if not properly addressed. If you feel like you're losing the battle, it's probably time to sign up for a puppy obedience class.

    Physical distress. Whining, apathy and diarrhea may appear. For some puppies, teething can be quite painful, and they respond as they would if they had any other physical ailment. A teething puppy may whine for no apparent reason. Puppies in pain may become apathetic and less interested in playing. There may be a disruption of the puppy's digestive tract--the puppy's appetite may wane and bowel movements may become loose and watery. If the puppy's distress appears to be anything other than mild, or if there is any reason to suspect a cause other than teething, consult a veterinarian immediately


    Read more: Puppy Teething Symptoms | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5081816_pu...#ixzz1WhyfWKaT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you for the link Diana. I'm glad that it sounds more like his teething than something he ate. Our Peke never had these issues with teething so its new to me. Poor dog will not come out of his crate this morning to lay with me. He ate most of his chicken and rice then went back to bed. I hope he perks up soon. I will be trying some frozen stuff today.
    Becky

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Aww poor Toby See if you can at least get a pic of him, I am imagining he looks like a child that just lost his two front teeth!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll try but he is never willing to show his teeth freely. I pay for it dearly! Of course if I could get him out of his crate it would be great but he is not budging this morning.
    Becky


    Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post
    Aww poor Toby See if you can at least get a pic of him, I am imagining he looks like a child that just lost his two front teeth!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •