• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor Toby

gamefanz

Toby lost 2 top front teeth. I thought he would go on with no issue but he must be uncomfortable because he has not played as usual today and he will not even take a tendon chew :( He will bite your fingers but nothing else. So I put a wet wash cloth in the freezer for a bit, I hope that helps. He will not allow you to massage his gums or get close to his mouth unless its to bite or nibble. Poor pup. I hope this doesn't last long.

Becky

Just his puppy teeth right?

What I did for Brooky was put some of her stuffed toys in water, then in the freezer ;) she loved to chew on them and they would stay cold for some time. I think that helped her.

Poor Toby!

It's a shame for them at teething time isn't it ? Alfie has lost 6 teeth now ( well at least 6 that Ive found, one a big one ) He doesn't seem too bad to be honest, but he is chewing a lot on toys and although his biting with me is less, it isn't with Jacob ! Poor Jacob, who is a Dobie as a few of you may know from my pics. He (Jacob) tolerates this really well ( he is also teething ) and himself, usually only mouths in return, although does a crafty nip at times. A bit off topic, but this started at the onset of teething..... Alfie 'humps' Jacob well whichever bit of him he can reach... which is very embarrassing , if rather amusing given the huge size difference. :eek:

Hmmmm Maybe I could do that with his skunk. He only has 2 stuffed toys as he keeps tearing them apart.

Becky

Just his puppy teeth right?

What I did for Brooky was put some of her stuffed toys in water, then in the freezer ;) she loved to chew on them and they would stay cold for some time. I think that helped her.

Poor Toby!

WOW 6 teeth! I try to scope out Toby's mouth but he thinks its time to play with me and bite instead of allowing me to see his teeth. I can only see inside when he is asleep. Poor Jacob LOL At least he is big enough to defend himself if he has to LOL I'm sorry Alfie has started those icky habits but at least your friends understand.
We tried playing with Toby last night or at least encouraging him to chew on his toys and he had no interest at all. Just before we took him for his nightly walk, he went outside to go potty. He had diarrhea :( He just isn't feeling well. I think its either the bugs he ate (he ate an ant and mosquito hawk yesterday) or we are training too much and he ate too many treats. So its a chicken and rice breakfast this morning.
I don't know if pups get diarrhea when losing teeth because of the pain or what. Its his first bought with it.
Becky

It's a shame for them at teething time isn't it ? Alfie has lost 6 teeth now ( well at least 6 that Ive found, one a big one ) He doesn't seem too bad to be honest, but he is chewing a lot on toys and although his biting with me is less, it isn't with Jacob ! Poor Jacob, who is a Dobie as a few of you may know from my pics. He (Jacob) tolerates this really well ( he is also teething ) and himself, usually only mouths in return, although does a crafty nip at times. A bit off topic, but this started at the onset of teething..... Alfie 'humps' Jacob well whichever bit of him he can reach... which is very embarrassing , if rather amusing given the huge size difference. :eek:

They can get diarrhea when teething Becky. I lifted this from a website :

Aggression. As the teeth begin to fall out, the puppy's personality may begin to change. As the adorable, eager-to-please furball is compelled to mouth everything in its sphere--including its human companions--questions about authority and pecking order pop into the canine mind. What began as teething-driven mouthiness can quickly turn into nipping and even biting if not properly addressed. If you feel like you're losing the battle, it's probably time to sign up for a puppy obedience class.

Physical distress. Whining, apathy and diarrhea may appear. For some puppies, teething can be quite painful, and they respond as they would if they had any other physical ailment. A teething puppy may whine for no apparent reason. Puppies in pain may become apathetic and less interested in playing. There may be a disruption of the puppy's digestive tract--the puppy's appetite may wane and bowel movements may become loose and watery. If the puppy's distress appears to be anything other than mild, or if there is any reason to suspect a cause other than teething, consult a veterinarian immediately

Read more: Puppy Teething Symptoms | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5081816_puppy-teething-symptoms.html#ixzz1WhyfWKaT

Thank you for the link Diana. I'm glad that it sounds more like his teething than something he ate. Our Peke never had these issues with teething so its new to me. Poor dog will not come out of his crate this morning to lay with me. He ate most of his chicken and rice then went back to bed. I hope he perks up soon. I will be trying some frozen stuff today.
Becky

Aww poor Toby :( See if you can at least get a pic of him, I am imagining he looks like a child that just lost his two front teeth!

I'll try but he is never willing to show his teeth freely. I pay for it dearly! Of course if I could get him out of his crate it would be great but he is not budging this morning.
Becky

Aww poor Toby :( See if you can at least get a pic of him, I am imagining he looks like a child that just lost his two front teeth!

Back