• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

i wll meet you in my dreams - part two

Super Princess

i posted a while back..devestatd about a dream i had..because it felt so real..about my litle oliver who had passed on.
many..and myself believed he was really visiting me in my dreams.

he's done it again..

he dose from time to time..but this weekend particularly intersting..

Ive had a rough weekend..emotionally but mostly physically ive had a very bad virus.

Thursday night i had a fever...it was gone by morning so i went in to work anyways..felt i could mudle through the day.
by 1pm...fever spiked at 103.4..i HAD to go home..there was no choice..except i had to tell the troll (crabby mean bully lady who worked downstairs..the boss was away and althoguh the troll isnt a manager...she was in charge while boss was away)
she bit my head off when i told her i had to go home. i mean she yelled and swore at me...to say my family is a little outraged would be an understatement.

Anyways..i went to the doctor and she said it was a 50/50 chance of strept... (last time i had strept was the day we put oliver to sleep.)
it turns out it wasnt strept because they never called...but either way i was down for the count for the entire weekend..i couldnt get outa bed for two days...still havnt eaten since friday morning..other then a protine shake here or there...today is the first day im starting to feel a bit better. The first day since thursday ive opened my laptop...anyone that knows me..that is HUGEEE. its been MISRABLY BAD.

my two cats have been acting very funny...they've known somethings up although they have been fully attended to, i've pretty much locked myself away in my room all day and all night other then laying on the couch for a few hours yesterday..) theyve been yaowling at the door, trying to rattle the door knob and even knocked..lol theyve never done that.
but amongst their worry...someone else has been worried too

my little buddy oliver has visited me in my dreams every night this weekend.
only this time..i didnt wake up feeling devestated. i smiled because i know we still have a strong connection.
i still miss him more then words can say...but it comforts me to know he's still around.

What a touching story. I love the idea of our beloved ones meeting us later.
I hope you are feeling better now. :hug:

it is good to know you had a positive feeling after the dreams, you're moving to the acceptance phase of the grief process.:smile:

haha after i posted this i got a call from the clinic...it WAS strept throat...perscription is now being filled (3 days later)
like i said last time i had it...was when we lost the boy.. its no wonder he's been hanging around my dreams this weekend :)

I still REALLY miss him.. but it dose get easier with time (for everyone whos recently lost their pup) i dont tink it ever fully goes away..but knowing their close by..and that it is really only goodbye for a little while..makes it easier.

Oliver is amazing for meeting you in your dreams. What a wonderful strong spirit who knows how to find you when you need him..
I bet you guys were two peas in a pod!!!!!!!!

When people develop high temperatures like you have described our brain often misinterprets certain stimuli and the way we perceive things. I'm glad, although it sounds you have been quite ill that your wonderful Oliver is letting you know he's okay and is keeping an eye on you. And also that he will always be waiting to see you again somewhere down the road.

Karen H

i dont know if i mentiond this in the first post.. (little lazy to go back and read)
but the day we put oliver down...i found out i had strept throat)
Isn't it interesting he came back to visit again when i had stept for the 2nd time this year.

he came again last night..
this time the dream story was in our old house again (we sold last year) ..he was sitting on the couch..and i was angry at my dad because he said he was putting oliver to sleep..and he hadn't done it. i was angry at dad for misleading me/making me sad..when oliver still was clearly around.
was able to give him lots of snuggs and smooches.

he was a stubborn little boy..with a very strong spirit..it dose give me comfort to know hes still around..

we were driving through the old neighbourhood lastnight..(grandma still lives in the area) and i saw olivers best friends..puma and niko...haha aparently my sister used to take olly to the park when he was little and thats where he and niko met. because years later whenever i took oliver for a walk and they saw eachother..niko would drag his owner down the street runnign twards oliver all excited.
its funny how memories stay with dogs.

Back