• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

never wanted a cavalier

supersaint59

hello all cavi lovers. after arguing for many years not to get a time consuming hair shedding pooing barky dog of any kind, much to my disguist my wife and dauhter got a cavalier puppy. as i knew i would be the one who would end up walking feeding taking the thing to the vets etc ONE YEAR on i could not love any son more than alfie he is the most loving fearless friendly little soul ever they must be the best breed ever; should have got a dog many years ago

Welcome! Looks like you fell under their spell...don't worry...we all have! This is a great resource as a forum to have while your pup grows up and a wonderful community of friends that have one thing in common, that our hearts have been stolen by a cavalier! ;)

I LOVE your post. Yep hooked.

Someone here once said that Cavaliers are like potato chips, can't just have one........loved that one.

icon_welcome to this wonderful forum :) I sincerely hope that you'll end up getting one more Cav, because the more of them you have, the happier you are :)

Hi

As another fella I totally agree with you but be careful we only started with one then finished up
with four and I like you feed them ,brush them ,walk them ,pick up their poo ,spend loads of money
on them and wouldnt have a clue what to do with my life if they were'nt there for me.You have
been warned ,but they are gorgeaous and I love them .

And to think before our first Cavalier "Poppy" came I wanted a Westie or a Pug and Dawn wanted
a Cavalier ,bxxxxxx women always right .

Hello and welcome! I'm glad to see that you are happy with your furry friend. If you open your heart, a dog can have that affect of you... especially a cavalier, they are blessed with many charms!
There is a saying: you are never complete until you have loved an animal, so so true! Looking forward to hearing more about Alfie and maybe seeing a picture or two.

hi and welcome. I had 2 springer spaniels when i decided i wanted a nice, quiet lap dog so decided to get a cav, Charlie is now 14 months old and a little b@!%$r but i would'nt be without him as he has brought so much joy in the 12 months he has been with us, so much that i'm trying to convince my hubby to get another as they say you never stop at 1!!! :jmp:

icon_welcome I to was another that never intended to get a cavalier, I would have liked a Cocker Spaniel, but it was my daughter who had a friend that had a blenheim cavalier and she keep on about how lovely she was, so after research into the breed we got our first cavalier nearly eleven and half years ago and then added another little blenheim boy to our family last year, they are such wonderful dogs and have brought such a lot of joy into our lives I can`t imagine having another breed of dog.

Yep, my Mum is apparently "not a dog person", but she sneaks Lady treats and they have a cuddle on the recliner every night before bed. Cavs are quite the charmers.

lindylou

hi andicon_welcome

good look with your new cavie give him a kiss and cuddle from me and louie

That is hilarious! Sounds exactly like us. Neither of us ever wanted a house dog and we're 69 & 74 years of age. When I started seeing photos of blenheim cavs my heart almost ached for one so when this one came available I sweet-talked the hubby into giving it a try. That was January and now, at 9 1/2 months, he is the love of our lives, and that with 8 grandkids! Hubby is crazier than I am and we can hardly wait to get home to see him even if we just run into town for a couple hours. Our daughter says, "Who are these people and what have you done with my parents?"

Puppy Love could be related to that wonderful soulful expression a cavalier gives to one by way of a glance. Their melting eyes are irrisistable not to mention their other many wonderful characteristics.

The eyes have it!!!!!!!!!

Karen H

Hi and welcome , i never dreamt of having a dog either until i agreed to look after fudge while my brother and his wife went on there hols about five years ago...she's been here ever since :lol:...actually thought my mates are going to die laughing when they see me out walking this ball of fluff ...the opposite happened , now when i go round there's to watch the footie and have a few beers they always say " ohh and bring fudge ":rotfl:..the cavalier effect

When my husband and I got married he warned me ahead of time that "he was just not a dog person" and he didn't want to become one!

Well looks like he might not be a dog person but he is definatley a Cavalier person because he absolutely adores our three :lotsaluv:

We had always had big outdoor dogs, German Shepherds and Labradors. After our last Labrador we had 6 months with no dog.. but it just wasnt good :(

I decided i wanted something small who could live in with us.. and after a lot of homework, settled on a Cavalier.
My husband said, before we got Lewis, Im not taking it out, I dont want a silly little thing like that!!!

As soon as Lewis was home at 9 weeks he used to lay on my husband's shoulder and they both watched tv together and he is now completely HOOKED, as are both my sons, one of who never took an iota of interest in our other dogs. He comes home from work, drops his bag and picks Lewis up in the air before he even says hello to us!!! :lol:

Oh my husband didn't want a little "rat dog". The next week he was asking for a photoshoot of them together :cool:

cocoandkevin.jpg

Back