Thread: Chewing collars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chewing collars

Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas how i can stop Charlie chewing my other dogs collars? For some reason he leaves his alone but we have got through 5 collars each for the other 2 over the past couple of months, its as though Charlie thinks hes the only one that should look good in his collar!!! Hubby is now banning any more collars untill i can stop him. He's 14 months old now so is'nt teething and he does'nt chew anything else. Any suggestions Please x

Post Thanks / Like

Spray bitter apple on the other dogs' collars!

Post Thanks / Like

Bitter apple is good (though Brooklyn will still eat this!). It is a bit of trail and error to hat your dog won't like.

To get Brooklyn to stop chewing things (now all these suggestions won't work for a collar, some I just use in the garden... But thought I would list them anyway in case it helps you brainstorm):
    Tabasco Sauce
    Vicks Vapor Rub
    Coffee Grounds
    TeaTree Oil ( this is actually good for repelling fleas...but Brooky hates it!)
    Lemon juice (though this has to be constantly applied)

Hope that leads to some ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how to stop him from chewing, but if you can somehow order or get hold of a brand of collar called Lupine they are guaranteed for life. Whenever a collar, harness or leash is chewed just pack it up and send it back to Lupine with a note. They will send you a new one to replace it. They have cute colors and patterns from small to large dogs. I love 'em! www.lupinepet.com
    Mom to:
    Stella Agnes (Blenheim, RIP - 2001-2013), Hazel Louise (Black & Tan), Laverne Marie (Ruby), Rupert William (Blenheim),
    Lucy Mae, Desi Ray (RIP - 2003-2011), Princess Di, Smokey Jo (RIP - 1990-2012)