• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing collars

Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas how i can stop Charlie chewing my other dogs collars? For some reason he leaves his alone but we have got through 5 collars each for the other 2 over the past couple of months, its as though Charlie thinks hes the only one that should look good in his collar!!! Hubby is now banning any more collars untill i can stop him. He's 14 months old now so is'nt teething and he does'nt chew anything else. Any suggestions Please x

Spray bitter apple on the other dogs' collars!

BitterApple_01.jpg

Bitter apple is good (though Brooklyn will still eat this!). It is a bit of trail and error to hat your dog won't like.

To get Brooklyn to stop chewing things (now all these suggestions won't work for a collar, some I just use in the garden... But thought I would list them anyway in case it helps you brainstorm):
Tabasco Sauce
Vicks Vapor Rub
Coffee Grounds
TeaTree Oil ( this is actually good for repelling fleas...but Brooky hates it!)
Lemon juice (though this has to be constantly applied)

Hope that leads to some ideas!!

I'm not sure how to stop him from chewing, but if you can somehow order or get hold of a brand of collar called Lupine they are guaranteed for life. Whenever a collar, harness or leash is chewed just pack it up and send it back to Lupine with a note. They will send you a new one to replace it. They have cute colors and patterns from small to large dogs. I love 'em! www.lupinepet.com

Back