Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research paper on CKCS with SM and spinal cord damage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I feel so sad for you about what has been said about Thomas, that must have been very difficult for you

If there is anything to come out of it, maybe it has made more people understand about what happens to syrinxes post mortem.
    Perhaps something else that may come out of what was said about Thomas, is how dangerous the internet can be with a little bit of misleading information -the insinuations that are arrived at and not refuted, the conclusions that are drawn with just a little bit of information not all the facts, how some people can pick up a little bit of a story and run with it......

Using such situations to advantage has long been a strategy.

Look what is happening now about the unannounced KC/BVA scheme, of which NOBODY yet knows the small print......
    A typical example of a little knowledge being a very dangerous thing.

Maggie

Post Thanks / Like

I still dont know what the point of it a[QUOTE=Nicki;402655]

I feel so sad for you about what has been said about Thomas, that must have been very difficult for you

If there is anything to come out of it, maybe it has made more people understand about what happens to syrinxes post mortem.

Hi Nicki
    The sad thing about it is that it all happened two years ago. When you give information in confidence, because you think the person has the right to know as the dogs was used by them, yes it is hurtful not to be consulted first. I have never hidden the fact that Thomas had CM/SM and was PTS because of sever symptoms associated with the disease. I wrote an article about it. As Maggie said, lets hope this is a lesson to all. Dont blindly believe everything you read. Check the facts before jumping in with both feet. What the point of it all was - I still dont know!!
    all the best
    Sue

Sue Newnes
    Penquite Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tuppenlil View Post
    Perhaps something else that may come out of what was said about Thomas, is how dangerous the internet can be with a little bit of misleading information -the insinuations that are arrived at and not refuted, the conclusions that are drawn with just a little bit of information not all the facts, how some people can pick up a little bit of a story and run with it......

Look what is happening now about the unannounced KC/BVA scheme, of which NOBODY yet knows the small print......

Maggie
    The KC has not announced the BVA/KC Scheme but the main conclusions are widely known and even commented on by the health representative to the KC, as shown by the Dog World article. http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/37-Publication

I agree that it is interesting how on another forum, one which has three health representatives as moderators, the most speculative and negative remarks are being developed into yet another scaremongering thread without any of those that should be better informed pointing out any of the known facts.

Perhaps the true mind set of the health representatives that control the Cavalier Health Liaison Committee is indicated by the continuing lack of up-to-date information on their website. http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tuppenlil View Post

Maggie
    The KC has not announced the BVA/KC Scheme but the main conclusions are widely known and even commented on by the health representative to the KC, as shown by the Dog World article. http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/37-Publication

I agree that it is interesting how on another forum, one which has three health representatives as moderators, the most speculative and negative remarks are being developed into yet another scaremongering thread without any of those that should be better informed pointing out any of the known facts.

Perhaps the true mind set of the health representatives that control the Cavalier Health Liaison Committee is indicated by the complete lack of up to date information on their website. http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi