• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day event

gamefanz

Has anyone ever been to one of these events? They are having one in my area this weekend. I thought it might be a good outing for us and Toby (if he is allowed to go, I emailed the rep in charge of it and waiting for answer). If you've gone to one of these events, was it worth your time? I know the military dogs (Woohoo! Military represented :jmp:) will be there along with the customs dogs.

Becky

I have never been but it turns out the Humane Society of Charlotte is having something the same day!

This is what the one in Charlotte says:
"DescriptionFREE Canine Good Citizen Testing, Vendors, FREE Dog Training Advice by K9-BootCamp, 'Frosty Paws' for the first 25 dogs that visit K9-BootCamp, $5 Nail-Trims, Dog Rescues, Obedience Games and Demos and more

But the Humane Society of Charlotte is having a Canine Communication Seminar which seems really interesting.

""""
Topics include:
Talking to each other- dog to dog and dog to human
Dominating your dog and why its a bad idea *I like that
Learn how what appears to be disobedience is just miscommunication.

Maybe I can try to do both but the seminar is without dogs.

WOW sounds interesting! I hope you can make it to both. If you can make it, could you tell me what they say about the miscommunication :)

Becky

Here is the page for it:
http://www.akc.org/clubs/rdod/events/

We are going to the Puyallup one if I can talk my husband into it. Thought it might get Toby out with people and dogs :)
Becky

Thanks! The one in renton sounds fun too: "We will help educate dog owners about the AKC Responsible Dog Owner program. The clubs will be offering AKC Canine Good Citizen testing, fun activities for dogs and lots of information for dog owners. Advice and education on pet care, training and your dog's health will be available. Don't have a dog or not sure what type of dog to get? Check out the many breed information booths or adopt a new best friend from one of the local rescues. Need the perfect gift for a dog lover? Come shop our vendors. Plus, goodies & giveaways for everyone! Rain or shine."

That one sounds good too! I wish the traffic wasn't so horrible here. It makes traveling to these places frustrating. Of course after living around the DC area, this state is not that bad LOL
Becky

Thanks! The one in renton sounds fun too: "We will help educate dog owners about the AKC Responsible Dog Owner program. The clubs will be offering AKC Canine Good Citizen testing, fun activities for dogs and lots of information for dog owners. Advice and education on pet care, training and your dog's health will be available. Don't have a dog or not sure what type of dog to get? Check out the many breed information booths or adopt a new best friend from one of the local rescues. Need the perfect gift for a dog lover? Come shop our vendors. Plus, goodies & giveaways for everyone! Rain or shine."

Stupid question, but I guess its an official day so there will be events all over the country?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Went to website so don't answer! That was a stupid question. I'm not my brightest

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HA! Not stupid at all! I ask A LOT of questions on this site that I'm sure people roll their eyes at LOL

Becky

Back