• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Got a Nanny Cam!!!

Zumie05

So some of you might remember last week I hired a dog sitter. Today completes week 2, and I have set up a camera that I can keep an eye on things from remotely! Good news is today I was able to find out my dog walker is doing exactly what she says she does. Gets Coco in her harness, takes treats on their walks to reinforce pottying outside (I saw her go grab treats before they left!), comes back 30 minutes later and puts Coco away. Didn't touch any of my stuff, watch tv, eat my food, etc. So far so good!

I must say, as soon as I mentioned the idea of getting a camera Kevin was all over it. He LOVES new toys. When our package came, he was like a little boy on Christmas who couldn't open his present fast enough!

That's cool! I have actually always wanted a nanny cam just to see what Brooklyn was up to all day!
What kind did you get? Is it a live feed that you can watch or does it record and you watch later?

That is SUCH great news!!!! I am so happy your dog walker seems to be doing exactly what she should be doing!! :rah:
What a relief. cl*p

I too would love to know what model you got.

I Have a nanny cam. I bought it when Coco was puppy.
It's fun so see what they are doing, when they are home alone.

The Cam is a D-Link DCS-2121 and it's wireless
I've created an account for Cavalier Talk, but i almost only Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm.(CET) they are available for the cam :)
The IP to the cam is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/
Use name : Cavaliertalk
Password : Cavaliertalk

When you log in at the cam first time, then you have to download a ActiveX something before the picture is available.

The account will be closed Friday 16th.

Last edited:

I've created an account for Cavalier Talk, but i almost only Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm.(CET) they are available for the cam :)
The IP to the cam is http://188.176.101.114/

When you log in at the cam first time, then you have to download a ActiveX something before the picture is available.

That is SO cool. I'm watching and can hear stuff going on in the background. I feel kinda creepy. Haha. I want one!

Thats awesome! I'm so glad you were able to see that the walker is doing the right thing! I too wonder what camera you bought.

Becky

I am watching LOL I told my husband that I want to share our camera with all of you, the only issue is we only turn it on when we are not home. The few times I had it on while home, my mom accessed it and she was watching me and Toby for 30 min without me even knowing LOL
Becky

It is SO much fun! Yesterday when I was about to leave work I logged into my cam and saw my cat sitting by the door. He was expecting mama to be home any minute (I live 5 mins away from work). Amazing the sense of time animals have!

I got a Logitech Alert 750i http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webca...-security-systems/master-systems/devices/7251.

It is VERY good quality and I can login on a computer or watch what is going on from my cell phone. I get a text message when it detects motion too, which is super nice. We are thinking of getting one or two more cameras for our other rooms now! Technology these days just amazes me.

Amazing! I didn't get to see anything on your camera, Torben... although it's now nearly 10pm on a Saturday night, probably shut off! lol

Amazing! I didn't get to see anything on your camera, Torben... although it's now nearly 10pm on a Saturday night, probably shut off! lol

It's totally dark outside and also in that end of the house.
But tomorrow from 10am. (CET) they are alone in the "dog room"

Last edited:
So cool!

How fun! All I see is black, but I can hear noises in the background. Maybe I will post a Coco cam to share also :p

Back