• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just a reminder to everyone...

Nicki

this section is open to public viewing...

but the Dog and Bone pub section is for forum members ONLY

Thanks for the reminder for everyone. :)

The reason that is a (Non-cavalier–topic related) members-only forum is because sometimes people like to discuss sensitive issues at home, relating to family, or work that do not really belong on public view. I know people often forget that the forum otherwise is completely public and within an hour of making a post, it generally is picked up by search engines and can be easily found. it just seemed to make sense to take this one forum where people tend to discuss more personal topics that are not related to the dogs, and make it a more private space.

Hence, if you want to open up a topic that relates to anything that is not cavalier related, it can go into that forum, or likewise, anything that is of a personal and potentially sensitive nature, and so on.

This is how I have described the forum n a sticky at the top of the forum:

I made it private after many people would post about personal issues -- sometimes about family members or friends. I thought that type of information was probably better kept private.

That's all, it isn't hidden for any other reason than to give people a place they can talk about issues that sometimes are more personal and non-dog related. :)

Back