Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Daisy and Her Medication

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Guidance please .I know frusomide reduces CSF pressure by the fact it is a diuretic but I thought cimetidine ,or tagamet
    is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach and is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and ulcers and I remember my Dad taking them . So how does it act to reduce CSF pressure and is zantac or ranitidine not an improved cimitidine which has no effect on other drugs therefore negating the need to take two hours away from other medication .
    Daisy is now on cimetidine 3 x 50 mg prescribed by her vet .During her month on frusemide I dont think I noticed any difference not even in her toileting or increase of water intake so I am wondering how to notice any change now she is on cimetidine as I dont really know what to look for as to me Daisy has always acted and behaved like Daisy always has, apart from the air scartching ,I have no bench mark to work from as she displays no pain or any other sign of SM ,so I am finding it difficult to see any improvement or not ,but as I say I cant see what she has to improve from .I am puzzled .
    I appreciate zanatc has no liscence for animals.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Guidance please .I know frusomide reduces CSF pressure by the fact it is a diuretic but I thought cimetidine ,or tagamet
    is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach and is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and ulcers and I remember my Dad taking them . So how does it act to reduce CSF pressure and is zantac or ranitidine not an improved cimitidine which has no effect on other drugs therefore negating the need to take two hours away from other medication .
    Daisy is now on cimetidine 3 x 50 mg prescribed by her vet .During her month on frusemide I dont think I noticed any difference not even in her toileting or increase of water intake so I am wondering how to notice any change now she is on cimetidine as I dont really know what to look for as to me Daisy has always acted and behaved like Daisy always has, apart from the air scartching ,I have no bench mark to work from as she displays no pain or any other sign of SM ,so I am finding it difficult to see any improvement or not ,but as I say I cant see what she has to improve from .I am puzzled .
    I appreciate zanatc has no liscence for animals.
    Hi Brian

I have pm'd you with what Clare wrote in Ebony's Report.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "