• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy and Her Medication

Hi

Guidance please .I know frusomide reduces CSF pressure by the fact it is a diuretic but I thought cimetidine ,or tagamet
is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach and is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and ulcers and I remember my Dad taking them . So how does it act to reduce CSF pressure and is zantac or ranitidine not an improved cimitidine which has no effect on other drugs therefore negating the need to take two hours away from other medication .
Daisy is now on cimetidine 3 x 50 mg prescribed by her vet .During her month on frusemide I dont think I noticed any difference not even in her toileting or increase of water intake so I am wondering how to notice any change now she is on cimetidine as I dont really know what to look for as to me Daisy has always acted and behaved like Daisy always has, apart from the air scartching ,I have no bench mark to work from as she displays no pain or any other sign of SM ,so I am finding it difficult to see any improvement or not ,but as I say I cant see what she has to improve from .I am puzzled .
I appreciate zanatc has no liscence for animals.

Hi

Guidance please .I know frusomide reduces CSF pressure by the fact it is a diuretic but I thought cimetidine ,or tagamet
is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach and is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and ulcers and I remember my Dad taking them . So how does it act to reduce CSF pressure and is zantac or ranitidine not an improved cimitidine which has no effect on other drugs therefore negating the need to take two hours away from other medication .
Daisy is now on cimetidine 3 x 50 mg prescribed by her vet .During her month on frusemide I dont think I noticed any difference not even in her toileting or increase of water intake so I am wondering how to notice any change now she is on cimetidine as I dont really know what to look for as to me Daisy has always acted and behaved like Daisy always has, apart from the air scartching ,I have no bench mark to work from as she displays no pain or any other sign of SM ,so I am finding it difficult to see any improvement or not ,but as I say I cant see what she has to improve from .I am puzzled .
I appreciate zanatc has no liscence for animals.

Hi Brian

I have pm'd you with what Clare wrote in Ebony's Report.

Back