• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Too much excercise???

Janice

Too much excercise??? (Pics added for Nicki!!)

Is there such thing as a Cavalier having too much excercise?

Lewis (nearly 2) had a full day with Serge and Branden (cavs)when we went to visit Mal and Margie while they holidayed in The Peaks.
Then yesterday his friend Doug (Border terrier) came round and while his owner and I were busy with paperwork, the lads just ran round the house and garden playing nonstop for two hours.

Now, today, Lewis just walks to heel behind me when I wallked him off lead in the woods, whereas he would normally be dashing about.
Now I am home from work and he just went straight to his little bed and even though I was cooking tea and scraping stuff into the kitchen bin, whereas he would normally be underneath the bin, just in case, he is lying curled in his bed in the lounge. Doesnt even put his head up when I say his name or get down to him.

He ate his normal food last night, and has done a normal poo this lunchtime.
Is it possible he is just tired, even though it was 24hrs ago that he last played?

Last edited:
I think maybe he is just totally worn out!!

See how he is tomorrow, assuming he's not showing any other symptoms then I am sure he will be fine.

Glad you had a lovely visit with Mal and Margie and the boys - lucky you :D

Ours had a new walk yesterday just for about 45 mins, but slept almost solidly for about 5 hours afterwards - the stimulation and excitement wore them out!

Thanks Nicki,
Yes, as he has no particular other symptoms, I was leaning towards it being a case of "overnackerisation" lol :)

If your lot slept for 5hrs after a 45 min new walk, I guess 2 days of new stuff and really solid play including roaring around the garden as fast as possible for 2 hrs yesterday and jumping all over each other might probably just have done for him!!!
I might just have to have him on my lap to make sure!!! b*n*n*

Yes he might be quiet for a day or so!!

ours were rather overexcited as it is the most wonderful area for Wildlife, I saw a weasel whilst we were there - and two Roe deer. They were in full tracking mode so it was complete sensory overload LOL

Obviously I kept Kayleigh on the lead and she only had about 15 mins as she's only just been released from 1 month's room rest so we're building her up slowly.

It was the most glorious afternoon, and although not the most attractive Loch - it is one of the quietest places I've ever been! We call the road up " Raptor Alley" - we've seen at least 10 different species up there, Peregrine, Golden Eagle, Buzzard, Hen Harrier, Tawny owl, Merlin, Osprey [fishing, flew up with a fish in its talons], Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Short Eared Owl - quite an impressive list!

I saw your lovely landscapes on Facebook - did you get any photos of the boys all together?

No.. :( I didnt think to do that.. what a plonker I am!! :)
Lewis and Serge are just about the same size now and from behind they look the same and you can only tell them apart when they turn round and they have different faces! Branden is different again, bigger and chunkier with a broad teddy-bear face! :)

Hi Janice,
Sounds like you all had a fantastic time. Im sure Lewis is just knackered as you said. After the last day we got together Leo slept for hours after spending all that time chasing Lewis and then being chased back.:roll:

Found some separate ones of them :)

Branden

6153516258_921ef54176_z.jpg

Serge

6152972335_f4d610fcdd_z.jpg

Lewis

6152973077_c7ecb819ca_z.jpg

Back