• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Shows!

Zumie05

Anyone of our USA CT members going to the show in Vancouver, WA this weekend, or the show in Shelton, WA next weekend? I was so hoping to enter Coco but realized I missed the deadline. Doesn't help that I didn't find out about this show until yesterday :D I still might go for fun!

Another piece of good news is now that all my wedding craziness is over I have been able to begin my work with getting Coco into shows. My mother in law, Susan, used to show Brittany Spaniels and has been helping me start the process. She said she will even handle Coco for me!! Susan came over the other day and stacked Coco, I was amazed...it is truly an art. I have tried and tried to stack her but can never get it right.

Last edited:
I can't go this weekend, its my husbands Birthday but if you go to Shelton next weekend we might be able to go. I don't think we have anything planned but I will ask my husband. I'd love to meet you and Coco. I've never been to a show, it would be neat to see Coco on the "runway" :rah: I would need to know the specifics, I've only been to the Shelton area once for skydiving (not me, my husband/daughter).
**just reread it and sorry you couldn't get Coco in this time, I'd still love to meet you and see the show

Becky

Last edited:
I'm glad we don't stack our Cavaliers in the UK - Oliver would have hated it! We just stand in front of them with the lead loose and them standing four square, and in the days when I showed Oliver I waged a one-person battle against stringing them up on a tight lead when moving - it's completely unnecessary and anyway spoils their front movement. Best of luck with your showing when you get started - it's a fun day out and you always take the Best in Show home with you - just don't take it too seriously!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Just a follow up. I asked my husband if we have anything going on next weekend and he said no, so if you want to meet and watch the dog show we are game. Just let me know. :)

Becky

Just seeing this...Did you make it to watch??

I love to go and watch the dogs, also it is a great way to meet other cavalier people and breeders. I actually went to a local dog show this last weekend and had a blast. I didn't enter my boy as we are letting him mature a bit. But I love watching and learning. If you do go to a show to meet others, wait until the showing is over to socialize.

Back