• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My husband is so proud

gamefanz

Just went on our lunch time walk and Toby FINALLY lifted his leg on a tree :jmp: I :blabla: my husband to tell him and he's a proud daddy:rotfl: My boy is growing up and he's only 21 weeks :luv: I wonder how long it will take before he does this each time.
Just had to share :D

Becky

Last edited:
yes :) I told my husband that we need to buy cigars that say "he lifted" and pass them out :rotfl:

Becky

lol lol lol!!! It took our Bob ages before he did it! I think he was more than a year old. But he is neutered, might have something to do with it. I laugh every time he does it, just cute how he stretches the aulde leg and nearly topples over. Bless the little doggies.

Hmmmmm I don't know why Toby has started it really. He is not around other dogs besides his classes and the dog park once. He does see dogs on his walks but I don't remember any of them "showing" him how to do it.
My moms current dog does not either. He is a 7 year old Collie. My dad says its because he has too much hair (something my dad will not cut, takes away the collie look).
Becky

Lewis is nearly 2 and he has never done it! :p

Has anyone had an issue with "marking" furniture because now their dog lifts? I've heard this but have never seen a dog do it because he can now lift. My Pekingese never marked our furniture, he only did it once and that was at a breeders home where I know the table was "used" before.

Becky

:razz: What a coincidence....My husband has been taking Bentley (will be 10 months on the 26th) to a cemetery to walk. He said he turned toward him just in time yesterday to see him almost lying on his side & peeing on a lily. That's the first time for sure & hubby was proud, but he hasn't done it since. He has to be on a leash every time he's outside to potty so we see him pee every time. I was wondering if he'd be a squatter for the rest of his life. And, as for marking, he doesn't do that (yet) but our daughter's Bishon does every time he comes here. I thought it was because we have a dog in the house. Is that correct?

Has anyone had an issue with "marking" furniture because now their dog lifts? I've heard this but have never seen a dog do it because he can now lift. My Pekingese never marked our furniture, he only did it once and that was at a breeders home where I know the table was "used" before.

Becky

Pippin first lifted his leg when he was 4months old. Even though he's now 5 yrs and was neutered at 18months he still lifts his leg.
He only marked in the house twice, the first time I didn't see him do it, so I just cleaned it up. The second time I saw the leg lifting by my kitchen cabinet, told him "no" very firmly and took him into the garden, and when he finally went in the garden after lots of sniffing (it's important to find the right blade of grass I think :lol:) I gave him lots of praise and a treat. No marking indoors since then.

Woohoo!! Congrats Bentley:rah:

Becky

:razz: What a coincidence....My husband has been taking Bentley (will be 10 months on the 26th) to a cemetery to walk. He said he turned toward him just in time yesterday to see him almost lying on his side & peeing on a lily. That's the first time for sure & hubby was proud, but he hasn't done it since. He has to be on a leash every time he's outside to potty so we see him pee every time. I was wondering if he'd be a squatter for the rest of his life. And, as for marking, he doesn't do that (yet) but our daughter's Bishon does every time he comes here. I thought it was because we have a dog in the house. Is that correct?

Thanks for replying. At least you were able to stop it quickly. I guess we will see what Toby does, I hope he turns out like our Peke and never does this.
Becky

Pippin first lifted his leg when he was 4months old. Even though he's now 5 yrs and was neutered at 18months he still lifts his leg.
He only marked in the house twice, the first time I didn't see him do it, so I just cleaned it up. The second time I saw the leg lifting by my kitchen cabinet, told him "no" very firmly and took him into the garden, and when he finally went in the garden after lots of sniffing (it's important to find the right blade of grass I think :lol:) I gave him lots of praise and a treat. No marking indoors since then.

Im jealous lol, dont know why but.... I will also be thrilled to bits when Alfie does the 'big boy pee pee' cl*p

What a clever boy :D

Murphy was five in February and only started cocking his leg in the summer, my hubby is very proud of him too. Not that he does it all the time, he still squats about 20% of the time :)

Thank you. So far he is about 10% lifting 90% squatting. Unreal how excited we get LOL

Becky

What a clever boy :D

Murphy was five in February and only started cocking his leg in the summer, my hubby is very proud of him too. Not that he does it all the time, he still squats about 20% of the time :)

Back