• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The ongoing story in pictures of Alfie and Jacob growing up....inc. bath time !

Blueroses

Well it is now 3 1/2 months since Alfie took over my life. :) Every few weeks we go to stay with my friends and their Dobie who is a week younger than Alfie, or they come to me. I have just got back from my latest visit and here are a few pics.

It was a wet weekend in parts, but here are the 2 dogs looking clean and ready for a walk in the park whilst it was nice and sunny though still wet under foot.

The next section is a video clip of them playing together and shows how Alfie ended up having the next picture taken . I know it should really be in the video clip section but it is in the context of the still pictures so hope you won't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hypoboa2008?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/sRWIHVR4_TE

What a mucky little pup.... and just look at that disgusted face !

He was so shattered after his play session, he actually fell asleep in the bathtub

All dry and warm again and very contented ( but he has pinched Jacob's best 'Winnie' toy to rest his head on )

Thank you for looking :)

Last edited:
Love the video! They are playing so well together. And I noticed Alfie is off leash :rah: He looked so comfortable after a busy day...sleepy time!

Becky

Wonderful pictures and video of a great friendship! It's really wonderful to see how well they get along. Poor Alfie asleep in the bathtub, that's just cute!

Love the video! They are playing so well together. And I noticed Alfie is off leash :rah: He looked so comfortable after a busy day...sleepy time!

Becky

Thanks Becky,

This is a large fenced off area well away from roads. I have never let him off leash when Im on my own with him, and only ever have with Jacob.Alfie will not leave Jacob's side. It was early in the morning and there were no other dogs there. It was a great opportunity to practice recall. Alfie kept running back to me for praise and a treat anyway, without me calling to him.

Oh ok, it looked like it was open. Still proud of him though. That is awesome that he comes to you all the time, Toby did too the one time we went to the dog park. I was surprised and happy.

Becky

Thanks Becky,

This is a large fenced off area well away from roads. I have never let him off leash when Im on my own with him, and only ever have with Jacob.Alfie will not leave Jacob's side. It was early in the morning and there were no other dogs there. It was a great opportunity to practice recall. Alfie kept running back to me for praise and a treat anyway, without me calling to him.

Love the pictures & video. Looks like they are having a great time.
Have you started the training classes yet?

What a wonderful little friendship!! Such a wonderful thing to have with our pups, they all need their besties!

Back