• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Warley Woods, Bearwood, Birmingham

ByFloSin

[h=2]Warley Woods, Bearwood, Birmingham[/h]
Cross posted by request:

PLEASE CROSSPOST
>
>
> CAUTION ADVISED - WARLEY WOODS, BEARWOOD 18.09.11 17.15
>
> It has just been brought to our attention that at least 6 dogs are being
> treated for serious gastric problems, common factor is they are all walked
> in this area. Please if you use this area and your dog presents symptoms
> such as sickness and diarrhea please seek veterinary advice quickly. We
> will
> bring you updates as and when we can.
>
>
>
> K9 Search UK
> Contact 07988 433187
>
> http://www.k9searchuk.com/

As I live in the Birmingham area I checked this out with K9 Search as soon as I read the e-mail. It is genuine. The common factors linking all six dogs who have gone down with the problem is that they are all walked in Warley Woods. The cause of the outbreak might be attributed to the local Council spraying the area to control weeds, somebody laying down poison or of course the start of the poisonous mushroom (toadstool) season.

This is a timely warning wherever you live. Apparently the toadstools are particularly attractive to dogs, so it might be as well for everyone walking their dogs in fungal attracting areas to discourage their dogs from eating anything lying or growing on the ground.

Sounds as if it could be the woodland problem that the AHT is investigating - their latest bulletin says the main outbreaks are in Norfolk and Nottingham but it could occur anywhere and we all need to be vigilant.

Shame, as our Cavaliers do love woods!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back