• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco the Sporting Dog

Zumie05

I am pretty sure Coco thinks she belongs in the sporting group, not the toy group!

We were on our way to our favorite dog park today. It is the biggest one in our area, fully fenced, with 3 different swimming docks. Just walking around the park one time takes at least 45 minutes!

Coco would run out ahead of me, turn around, and give me this look... "Hurry up!!"

cocosayshurry.jpg

A mountain!

cocomtn.jpg

She had a blast running in the tall grass

cocohelpme.jpg

cocotongue.jpg

cocosmile-2.jpg

Then she found a stick!

coco.jpg

cocobottomup2.jpg

cocoface-3.jpg

cocohappy.jpg

cocobottomup.jpg

cocofield-1.jpg

And a video summing up our day - fetching, climbing hills, swimming, rolling in dirt, and listening to a pack of howling dogs!

Last edited:
She is definitely a sports dog! She always looks so happy. She really is so beautiful :lotsaluv:

Becky

What wonderful pictures. And I agree with everyone, she looks sooooo happy. I would say she keeps you hopping, doesn't she.

The first one is priceless, the Cav look.....'Come on, hurry up!'

Thanks for sharing.

It looks a wonderful place to go, and great photos - BUT Sticks can splinter in the mouth which is at the very least unpleasant for the dog. Don't EVER throw a stick for a dog, they can cause horrendous injuries and even fatalities :( Sticks can land so they are pointing upwards and rip the dog's throat or chest when they go to pick them up. This happened to a deerhound near me, he had to be rushed to the veterinary hospital at Edinburgh, over 5 hours away as it was too complicated for the local vets. They were lucky and he pulled through, but at a huge cost emotionally and financially.

Back