• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Herding

Zumie05

Has anyone tried taking their Cavalier herding before? This idea has been on my mind for a while now. A couple months ago when I had Coco up at my parents in laws' place, Coco was rounding up their guinea hens and seemed so natural at it. I found a place I am going to take her to this weekend to see if she has any potential to do real herding! They have ducks there, but the trainers said I might be surprised at how she will do with sheep.

I hope someone on here has tried it with their pup. I did find a video on you tube that shows a 5 month old trying it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5B3e78ACLQ
Same age as Toby. Not sure what he will do with something that big.
Becky
**adding on** I hate the title they chose. Cavalier first then king charles!

Flash has a little experience :p I call him my little farm dog! He doesn't have professional training but he knows simple commands like "go out" & "around". He enjoys helping me herd the chickens & guineas around from time to time. He used to help with the baby goats but now that they are twice as big as he is they no longer listen to him. He doesn't nip or bark at the animals but uses his body to change there direction. My Shepard does the same.

I have always thought Flash would excel at herding smaller animals (like baby goats & chickens) if I had time to devote to proper training. I was planning on working with him more in spring with the newborn baby goats.

Back