Thread: Lifejackets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifejackets?

As the weather is starting to warm up agian (yay!) I was hoping to be able to take Kokoda to the beach.
    We have lots of beaches that make wonderful holiday spots that are dog friendly. So we were going to do that this year.
    Put him in the car, for a roadtrip to the beach!

Our old dog loved the beach, but he would swim in the waves. He did once though try and swim out to us and we had to rescue the poor thing. He kept being pushed away by the waves! So we bought an umbrella and he sat on a towel under that guarding our stuff while we were in the water. If we weren't he loved to run around chasing things that i never saw, but he knew were there

Anyway, i am blabbering again. I do that ALL the time when i am talking about cavaliers!

So, I was looking into getting a lifejacket for Kokoda so he can swim.
    We also have a pool. He LOVES water, and you cannot keep him dry if you wanted to water your garden. he is always there running in and out of the water. And he got home and stood in his water bowl yesterday after hs walk. So I think he would like a clam in the summer weather.
    (not an actual clam, a clam shaped paddling pool. hehe)

So if you have a lifejacket for your cavs, do you have any photos?
    and where do you buy them?

Thanks heaps guys!
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denali View Post
    So if you have a lifejacket for your cavs, do you have any photos?
    and where do you buy them?
    HECK YES! I just got one actually, so its funny you ask! Check out the thread I started: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...ighlight=canoe

Coco's life jacket is from petsmart, the brand is Outward Hound. She fits in the size S, they range from XXS - XL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post
    HECK YES! I just got one actually, so its funny you ask! Check out the thread I started: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...ighlight=canoe

Coco's life jacket is from petsmart, the brand is Outward Hound. She fits in the size S, they range from XXS - XL.
    Such a quick reply! Thank you. I will go check out your thread now
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Coco's life jacket is beyond cute!!!! I tried to find one just like it, but could not find anyone who sold them in Australia, so I settled on the Ezy Dog lifevest. Brooklyn is an x-small in that brand. This is really the only brand I could find in Oz, not as cute as Coco's and the Paws Aboard ones!!!
    http://www.thepoochstore.com/ezydog-...tion-vest.html

I have also heard great things about Paws Aboard brand life jackets.
    http://www.pawsaboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys,

I went to the petshop and asked them if they had any, and the had the EZYdog ones. So I bought one of them.
    They gave Kokoda the small because he is so long and the other one was shorter. But they said after he uses it for the first time, if it is too bulky or if we find it too big we are welcome to exchange it!
    I love that pet shop! I never used to go to it, but the people are SO much nicer and there are much cuter things than in the petbarn shop