• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco is our little princess...Black and Tan Cav King Charlas

For a Cavalier King Charlas, What Pet insurance is the Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KLF

Hello​
On Saturday Sept 17th 2011, My husband and I flew to Texas to adopt Coco (this is our first pet and are a nervous wreck about her). She is such a sweetheart, Coco is 3 years old and is very healthy. In June she was purchased by Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue from a puppy mill in Lucky Star Rescue brought Coco to Texas and fostered her for 3 months with her 5 puppies and 5 other dogs.Coco has had no formal training. She is very quiet and shy. Coco has taken great strides into warming up to us and we are so happy:jmp2:

I was looking to to pet insurance how do you know what plan to chose? Does anyone have any experience with pet insurance. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Kristen

Last edited:
Hi Kristen, I'm Cindy and I have Claire.

How wonderful that you've adopted a rescue. Coco is a very fortunate girl. You asked about insurance, and I have PetPlan. But I haven't had to make a claim yet, so I can't attest to them. But I can tell you I decided on them because they will cover hereditary diseases like SM and MVD.

I'm hoping you've had an opportunity to read up on things here at the site.

One of the things I would do is be sure that whatever insurance you chose, it won't be a problem that Coco is adopted and has been a breeding dog (question them about if there will be exclusions on coverage because of this).

Some of the others may know how this works with most of these insurance companies.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Back