• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby Playing with Coco/dogs and Herding

gamefanz

Zumie invited us to try Herding with her and Coco. At first I thought Herding? a Cavalier Herding? I knew it would be interesting to see Toby try to herd and it would be fun to get together with Zumie and Coco. Zumie said Coco was like Toby in personality and she was right! Toby had such a great time with Coco. They played very well together. Toby went up to every dog he saw and wanted to smell and lick each one. I was very surprised at how well mannered all the dogs were.
Toby did real well at Herding. I do think he played a little too much before the herding so he got tired fast but for a first try he did well. He herded sheep and ducks. My husband was with him during the sheep herding, my husband had caught a cold from his boss on Friday but was willing to still come with me today to do this. So he did as well as he could out there with Toby. Then my daughter went with Toby for duck herding. I think Toby got his second wind during this herding. He really enjoyed himself.
He also tried the agility equipment they had available out there. I think he had a great time today! He slept all the way home. He took a bath as soon as he got out of the car! I was not having him touch my floors with the nastiness he had on him LOL He slept after his bath for a long time and is just lounging around now.
We plan to go back maybe once a month or so. Its great exercise for him and he meets some great dogs.

To Zumie:
We had a great time with you, your husband and Coco. Thank you for inviting us. Anytime you would like us to go with you again, please let me know. :)

Here are the videos from today.** WARNING they are LONG videos**
Zumie will be posting some pictures she took of Toby for you all to see too.

Playing with Coco and the dogs:
[video=vimeo;29575776]http://vimeo.com/29575776[/video]

Herding & agility:
[video=vimeo;29575927]http://vimeo.com/29575927[/video]

This is TOO cute!!!! Who knew a cav could herd?!

Looks like Toby had a wonderful time and got to place with lots of nice dogs, that it great. And I am so happy Coco was there too! You guys must have had a lot of fun :) So cute Toby and Coco are!!!

Yes he had a wonderful time. He has been sleeping most of the time since we got home. He only ate half of his dinner. Just wanted to sleep :)

I watched the video whilst having my morning coffee and toast :smile: I wonder who was the more tired, dogs or owners ? :lol:

LOL yeah I don't think we knew just how much running was involved in sheep herding. The ducks was not an issue, Toby kept them going. My husband was exhausted when he got home. Dr. Wife to the rescue! I brought him soup, tea, blanket and slippers. He said next time he will be ready!
If I can get them to video tape it, I will do the ducks. Its like pulling teeth to get them to record these moments.
Becky

I watched the video whilst having my morning coffee and toast :smile: I wonder who was the more tired, dogs or owners ? :lol:

Back