• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco can Herd Too!

Zumie05

Well, today Coco and Toby (gamefanz) got to meet! We took them to a herd dog training farm and they got to try out some sheep and ducks. They both had SO much fun and got incredibly tired! I really can't wait to go back, I had fun too and was so proud of my little girl. The funny thing too is while we were waiting our turn, Toby and Coco got to hang out in an off leash area and yup they have the same play style! Sniff and kiss lol.

Here are Coco's pics. She got to try ducks first, and pretty much got down to business immediately:

(No ducks were harmed, and instructor was present with a long pole to protect the birds)

cocostalkducks.jpg

cocoduckhair.jpg

coco1duck.jpg

cocohappyducks-1.jpg

And then on to the sheep. She was not as enthusiastic about the sheep, but still did a wonderful job. I believe she was tired out from the ducks so couldn't give her 100% best, even though we had about an hour rest after the ducks.

I showed her one time what to do, and she was off.

cocogetem-1.jpg

Coco staring the sheep down, and they listen!

cocostare-1.jpg

She circled around them so naturally

cocochasing.jpg

cocochase.jpg

cocoroundingsheep-1.jpg

cocoroundcorner-1.jpg

And a movie! You can really see how she is more a working type of dog than a toy dog :D

Wonderful! She did really well with both the ducks and sheep. She really is a natural at this! Go Coco!b*n*n*

Becky

What a great day out for the dogs. Coco really has a natural instinct doesn't she? Thank you for sharing (y)

Wow wow! That is sooo cool. She did a great job, especially with the sheep. She seemed to have a lot of fun. Just like what Sabby said, it shows how much cavaliers can do.

Where is this place, on a farm or somewhere people take their dogs to practice herding?

That was beautiful!!
I know you have rottweiler background...me too. You just made the rottweiler community jealous!! You should post it to the rottweiler forum. I bet they would get a real kick out of it. :)

Back