Thread: Good News Story - Cavalier Returned Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good News Story - Cavalier Returned Home

Hi

This is copied over from a friend of mine .

This is fantastic news - Last year in June I posted about a wee girl who was stolen in Tenby SA20. Well she is back with her proper family although it must have been absolutely heartbreaking for the people who had bought her in good faith - wonderful good people gave her back.

This is the original link
    :http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=23622

'Molly had been bought by a family from Doncaster. She swallowed a conker and had to be operated on when her chip was found. The lovely family agreed to return her to her family,thank you! Although only a pup when lost she recognised her owner and her old home, clever girl. A happy ending!'

Its good reading on the dogslost link .

I know all my vets that I use all know my girls from babies but never once has even a stand in locum
    scanned any ,and thinking back to all my previous cats and dogs that we have had ,none of them were ever
    scanned for a chip even though they all had them .

Have any members Cavaliers ever just been randomly scanned and are Vets supposed to do this or is
    it only when requested or that they are suspicious about ownership .
    Last edited by Brian M; 29th September 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Another great story Brian...I love your great stories today

No, Brooky has never been randomly (or ever) scanned for her microchip. It is a shame. I firmly believe that a vet should scan (I mean come on people, it takes 3 seconds) every new animal that comes in. If there is no microchip, oh well, move on, if there is one, then it needs to be followed through.

Sometimes I wonder, if anything ever happened...who would scan her micro chip? I would wish that every vet, vet nurse, pound, shelter, etc. would. I wish it was a law to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

My previous vet never scanned my dogs but this new vet done it on their routine health check. He said he is checking that the chip is still where it is suppose to be and hasnít moved. I think thatís a good idea.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

"A Happy Ending", how fantastic, it is lovely and heart warming to hear when a dog is reunited, instead of left wondering what
    has happened to the poor soul. Thanks for sharing Brian.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney's vet never randomly scanned, but I have asked for it in the past. It's always a good idea to do so. About 2 yrs ago, they couldn't find his chip. They tried several of their scanning devices, no luck. I immediately had another chip inserted. Also, on his collar, I have a tag with the name, registration number and telephone number of the company and another tag that has my telephone number on one side and on the other side the words that say "I'm chipped". If he ever got lost, no excuses for anyone not to be able to get him home!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart