Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board time out

Post Thanks / Like

Im glad we are back I think Ive only used the chat room once a few months back when it first came on, and yesterday to ask if there were others having trouble getting on the forum, so I will not miss it either. I would miss the board as a whole though

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

For me I had to get my head down and work all day long without my usual breaks provided by CT . I do
    fall foul of our rules here from time to time and Karlin does rap my knuckles and knock me back into line but
    one think I am in no way interested in is breeding and anyway all my girls have been spayed mainly due
    to my concerns for any future health issues that could arise ,and like a lot of members have never used a
    chat room and didnt really know it was there.
    Our boys and girls already have more than enough problems without people dabbling in things they do
    not know anything about .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian, I know I never have to worry about you breeding your lovely dogs!

I will say again that there are always people that are not happy when these issues arise because it often involves people on the board they personally like or features they like or policies they would like changed. That's why I wanted some time out to think about the issue. I try to get a balance between discussion that doesn't breach my own concerns about legal matters and allows a fair degree of openness, but the issues around personal breeding are for me, really important.

I do make no apologies for the fact that this is a board with a very strong personal imprint–I set it up, I pay for the software and the hosting fees, and I put hours into it that keep it running, I don't charge people anything for being here, and I have particular views–particularly on breed rescue, welfare, and health–that inform the whole environment. I am well aware that those don't always make people happy, but then, there are many other communities out there if somebody is deeply unhappy with the one here. There has always been very strong growth on this board in membership ever since its 1st year, and despite various controversies over issues Or individuals in the past 6 years of its existence, I think the fact that membership remains strong and grows at a very fast rate (actually, one of my major administrative headaches is verifying lots of new memberships every week) is testimony that a good number of people feel comfortable with this particular environment and its focus.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    but the issues around personal breeding are for me, really important.
    And me.

And that is why I am a part of this board because I trust that this is a like minded sentament. Thank you for protecting that Karlin (though we all might be a little bit mad at you because we had to actually work yesterday! ha )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its a shame it had to happen but Im glad that we are well protected by you Karlin!

You do a fab job and we all appreciate how much you take care of us on here

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Karlin for keeping an eye on things for us - I don't post as much as I used to, but dip in and out as much as I can (ie too much!).
    I've been a member of the board for nearly three years I think, and have to say that the various changes you've made over the years with regard to posting rules and membership has made it a much nicer board to be a part of.
    Last edited by Charlifarley; 29th September 2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: can't add!
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008