• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best time of day with your dog

gamefanz

I know we all love our dogs. But what is the best time of the day where you just turn into mush or have the most fantastic time with your dog? What is it that you enjoy about this time with your dog?

Becky

My answer:

First thing in the morning is when Toby is the most loving, the most cuddly and just a sweet heart to hold. There is no biting, no toys shoved in my face, no paws tapping me to train or no looks wanting me to run around the house or take him for a walk. Its just our few hrs of bonding time before he turns into the puppy he is. It is the time I forget what a pain in the butt he can be.
He is laying on the blanket on my legs. Its so nice.
Becky

Last edited:
I love the welcome I get when I come downstairs in the morning and Alfie is sitting up with a toy in his mouth to greet me, all waggy and cute. I puppy talk to him and he goes 'all over alike' if you know what I mean, and lies down on the floor for tummy tickles for as long as I will keep doing it. Then I also look forward to our evenings when he snuggles up beside me as I watch tv or use the laptop :lotsaluv:

Last edited:
My favorite time of the day with Sonny is first thing in the morning too! It is usually just the two of us awake and we have time to snuggle on the couch. Sonny is definitely the most lovey with me first thing in the morning. I love my little puppy. :l*v:

I can just vision his face light up when you come downstairs. Too cute!:) I wish Toby was good when I am on my laptop but he wants my full attention and will push the laptop away with his feet until I close it. Sometimes he tries to step in it in order for me to pay attention to him.
Becky

I love the welcome I get when I come downstairs in the morning and Alfie is sitting up with a toy in his mouth to greet me, all waggy and cute. I puppy talk to him and he goes 'all over alike' if you know what I mean, and lies down on the floor for tummy tickles for as long as I will keep doing it. Then I also look forward to our evenings when he snuggles up beside me as I watch tv or use the laptop :lotsaluv:

Morning puppy time is the BEST! :)
Becky

My favorite time of the day with Sonny is first thing in the morning too! It is usually just the two of us awake and we have time to snuggle on the couch. Sonny is definitely the most lovey with me first thing in the morning. I love my little puppy. :l*v:

I love the mornings with Kaley. Especially in the summer when it is light really early and we get up before everyone else and go out for a walk in the field nearby on our own then we come back and snuggle on the sofa and Kales gives me what Elise calls a "Kaley facial" where she covers me in kisses. You can't beat that special time alone.:lotsaluv:

OH that is so hard! I have several favorite times

1st thing in the morning always makes me smile because everyone is dancing around with joy!

Late evenings (after dark) when my son is in bed. All the Cavaliers "spring to life"! They spend a lot of the day snoozing on the couch (Holly & Blitz) but in the evens they are super playful and happy! I think it's because they know I'm no longer preoccupied with daily chores and I can give them tons of attention.

My favorite of all is on RARE occasions I get a nap! Flash always comes to snuggle with me! He lays up against me upside down with his head on my arm! It's so nice! It's one of the few times he is still! Neither of us want to get up so we just lay there cuddling!

Best time of the day is bedtime! First Molly sits and stare at me, until I lift the blanket, and she snuggles up besides me. Then Éowyn follows and lies just below Molly, and they fall asleep there! Both are all curled up, with just their heads visible under the blanket :luv: An hour later my husband goes to bed and finds all his three girls sleeping like that :)

Funny how everyone's answers are similar- morning and evening, because in the middle of the day we all have so many things to do!
I love our morning walks, especially when the weather is good. Then, I love the evenings when everyone piles on the couch for cuddles!

Best time is after mine had breakfast, I sit down with a cup of tea and Harley comes and smothers me with kisses and ends up in my arms like I am cuddling a baby. If I am too busy to give him cuddles in the morning he goes and lies by himself and sulks and he has such sad eyes. I just love his cuddles. The girls are not like that at all. I also love the evenings with them falling asleep on the bed, Harley is right next to my head on a cushion and I love his little content snoring noises he makes. When I hear it I am happy and everything is right in my world.

This is a great thread!

My favourite time of day is on our morning walks when we go down to the beach, get a cup of coffee and watch the waves. Everyone loves Brooklyn on our walks and she is so happy. When the sun is out and Brooklyn trots along, all seems well in the world.
And cuddle time. Anytime of cuddle time is my absolute favourite. She is the most cuddly after our morning walk and before bedtime.

May I say that you write so well that I always feel like I'm experiencing it with you. :)

Becky

This is a great thread!

My favourite time of day is on our morning walks when we go down to the beach, get a cup of coffee and watch the waves. Everyone loves Brooklyn on our walks and she is so happy. When the sun is out and Brooklyn trots along, all seems well in the world.
And cuddle time. Anytime of cuddle time is my absolute favourite. She is the most cuddly after our morning walk and before bedtime.

May I say that you write so well that I always feel like I'm experiencing it with you. :)

Becky

Personally i looove cuddle time too!!! My favorites are morning coffeewalks, blondie waits outside thencoffeeshop and then gets a dogbiscuit they sell there... I also love tv watching cuddle time. I lie down in the couch with a blanky and a cup of milk and cookies and watch a romcom while my girl begs for cookies and then we cuddle. I try to do that every night..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two good times of the day. In the morning, as my hubby gets up before me, so the dogs come up stairs to snuggle on the bed. Misty likes to get right up in my face, and cuddle in on my pillow, and Murphy sort of lays on me :lol:

I also love coming in, especially if I've been out for a while, the greeting I receive is always full of excitement. I always kneel down to get hugs, Murphy leans on me and waggles away, but Misty goes crazy and nibbles my ears, and kisses my nose. If I've been at work and had a bad day, it's soon forgotten after coming home. The doggy cuddles are much better than the ones from my hubby!

Back