Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lost my soulmate Scooby Today - RIP my little fighter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vets Called today - Scooby's ashes are back

The vets have called me today to say scooby's ashes are back and ready to collect , I thought I was coping with the grief until I got that call and its knocked the wind out of me again.......

I thought getting his ashes would give me some relief but its brought back the pain of losing him again...... Iam going to work up the courage and go to the vets in the morning and pick him up then once we get his memorial plaque we can lay him to rest in the garden.....

I miss him everyday and will never forget him he lives on in my heart...

Sharon
    XXX

Post Thanks / Like

We put our german shepherd to sleep in 2003 and I think the reason I react so strongly and cry whenever I hear of anyone else having to do the same thing is because I still miss her and can remember that day so vividly. It was very peaceful, but so, so sad.

Your grief is still fresh. And you were on a roller coaster of emotions for such a long time before as Scooby brought you to the brink and back so many times. Your boy touched so many of us with his fight for life. I hope you find some peace.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Sharon, I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Scooby will always be there with you. I would like to share a story. A very good friend lost her 14 year old pug in August. She was devistated. When her ashes were ready she fell apart and had a hard time driving to the vet to pick her up. However, once she got home she felt a sense of peace....her precious baby was home and back in the house. She still mourns her loss, but she feels her dogs presence now.

Sending hugs,
    Joyce
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Red Headed Baby Girl
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you know you are in my thoughts xx
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scooby is back Home XXX

Well we plucked up the courage and went to collect scooby's ashes from the vets and his lead and collar , we all had a good cry when we got home with the tiny little box with his name on it ....... We r waiting until a lovely sunny day and then we are going to bury him in the garden , the kids have picked out next to their playhouse where we can see him from the house and it was his favorite corner of the garden.

Iam hoping once he is at peace we can start to repair our broken hearts and move on with our lives knowing he is always close by ......

Sharon
    XXXX

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sharon, that's sounds like a lovely tribute to Scooby placing his ashes in his favourite corner and close to the children.
    Sending you healing thoughts
    Sue

Darcy - Blenheim - 17th Sept 2005
    'Life is a balance of holding on and letting go'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sharon

Its a hard process to go through .I lost my two little white cats Ami and Tammi over a year ago, they had been with
    me about 15 and 17 years .We had them cremated and they came back in beautiful wooden caskets and I still
    have them both sitting on a window ledge in a back bedroom and I will lay them in the garden when I am ready.
    So theres no rush to do anything you do it when you feel you want to .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry I have just caught up with this post. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default lindylou

so sorry to hear about scooby its heart breaking when they leave us

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sharon

It's been just over a month since we lost Bonnie, so I know exactly the pain and loss you are feeling. We were lucky in the fact that we could bury her at home straight away and plant a beautiful flowering bush on her grave, I look out the window at this bush daily and remember her. Once you have layed Scooby's ashes to rest I hope you will find some peace knowing that he is near by. There are days that will be more difficult than others as there are little things that will remind you of Scooby but hopefully like all things time will heal the wounds. Our thoughts are with you.
    Paula

Molly (Tri female),
    Murphy (Blen boy), and Bonnie (running at the rainbow bridge)