• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lost my soulmate Scooby Today - RIP my little fighter

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sharon. I've been following Scooby's story and I dread to see this post. My hear goes out to you and your family.

My heart goes out to you, may Scooby rest in peace and run free with all our beautiful Cavs at the rainbow bridge.

Paula

Molly (female tri), Murphy (Blen boy, new kid on the block) and Bonnie (at the rainbow bridge)

Thank you

Hi,

Its been a few days since I lost my best friend scooby and I have cried for 3 days straight , he has left a hole in my heart when I lost him and I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me......

On a positive note I have ordered a memorial plaque to put in the garden when we get his ashes back it enscribed with 'Dogs leave a paw print on your heart' and then I have added a personal message for scooby. I have also used some recent photos I took of him and created a 2012 Scooby calendar so he can live on with us into the new year.

He was one in a million , his will to live was astounding and the move an pleasure he gave us in the 9.5 years we shared with him was amazing. Myself and my family are now trying to heal and move on as we know he is resting in peace and running free again at the Rainbow Bridge and he has my dad with him to look after him until one day we are re-united........

Thank you all for your kind words and support it has been a ray of light in this dark sad time....

Sharon (and her best friend scooby)
XXXXX

Oh Sharon. I just have no other new words except that I am thinking of you, and have not stopes since this post was first written. Scooby was such an important part of your life, and that will take a long time to heal. Dogs are like losing a parent, a friend, a lover, a partner...because they fill that place in our hearts whenever that place feels empty throughout our lives. They morph to whatever we need them to be. That is the joy of them, but that is also why it hurts so much.

We are here for you, for anything, any support you needs. Hugs.

He was one in a million , his will to live was astounding and the move an pleasure he gave us in the 9.5 years we shared with him was amazing.

Sharon, I can still hear your heart breaking. But you are not alone. Scooby was very special and he captured all our hearts.

I have also used some recent photos I took of him and created a 2012 Scooby calendar so he can live on with us into the new year.

This is a wonderful idea! You have so many wonderful memories of him. He will live on in your heart forever.

Sending love,
Joyce :hug:

Vets Called today - Scooby's ashes are back

The vets have called me today to say scooby's ashes are back and ready to collect , I thought I was coping with the grief until I got that call and its knocked the wind out of me again.......

I thought getting his ashes would give me some relief but its brought back the pain of losing him again...... Iam going to work up the courage and go to the vets in the morning and pick him up then once we get his memorial plaque we can lay him to rest in the garden.....

I miss him everyday and will never forget him he lives on in my heart...

Sharon
XXX

We put our german shepherd to sleep in 2003 and I think the reason I react so strongly and cry whenever I hear of anyone else having to do the same thing is because I still miss her and can remember that day so vividly. It was very peaceful, but so, so sad.

Your grief is still fresh. And you were on a roller coaster of emotions for such a long time before as Scooby brought you to the brink and back so many times. Your boy touched so many of us with his fight for life. I hope you find some peace.

Sharon, I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Scooby will always be there with you. I would like to share a story. A very good friend lost her 14 year old pug in August. She was devistated. When her ashes were ready she fell apart and had a hard time driving to the vet to pick her up. However, once she got home she felt a sense of peace....her precious baby was home and back in the house. She still mourns her loss, but she feels her dogs presence now.

Sending hugs,
Joyce:hug:

Scooby is back Home XXX

Well we plucked up the courage and went to collect scooby's ashes from the vets and his lead and collar , we all had a good cry when we got home with the tiny little box with his name on it ....... We r waiting until a lovely sunny day and then we are going to bury him in the garden , the kids have picked out next to their playhouse where we can see him from the house and it was his favorite corner of the garden.

Iam hoping once he is at peace we can start to repair our broken hearts and move on with our lives knowing he is always close by ......

Sharon
XXXX

Oh Sharon, that's sounds like a lovely tribute to Scooby placing his ashes in his favourite corner and close to the children.
Sending you healing thoughts :hug:

Hi Sharon

Its a hard process to go through .I lost my two little white cats Ami and Tammi over a year ago, they had been with
me about 15 and 17 years .We had them cremated and they came back in beautiful wooden caskets and I still
have them both sitting on a window ledge in a back bedroom and I will lay them in the garden when I am ready.
So theres no rush to do anything you do it when you feel you want to .:)

I am sorry I have just caught up with this post. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hi Sharon

It's been just over a month since we lost Bonnie, so I know exactly the pain and loss you are feeling. We were lucky in the fact that we could bury her at home straight away and plant a beautiful flowering bush on her grave, I look out the window at this bush daily and remember her. Once you have layed Scooby's ashes to rest I hope you will find some peace knowing that he is near by. There are days that will be more difficult than others as there are little things that will remind you of Scooby but hopefully like all things time will heal the wounds. Our thoughts are with you.

Back