• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lost my soulmate Scooby Today - RIP my little fighter

That sounds lovely Sharon. I hope it will help all of you, Scooby's passing is a huge loss to you all I'm sure, but what a lovely way to remember him.:flwr:

Oh Sharon. I still tear when unread your posts. I am so happy he is at home with you now...healing is a long journey, so what ever you are feeling at any given moment, is the right thing to feel. We are thinking of you!!! xx

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words about scooby.......

I have decided now I have had his ashes in the house close by for a couple of days I like the comfort they are giving me having him near , so I have ordered a more permanent subtle container to hold him and his lead and collar and he is going to stay in the house with me as thats what he did most days anyway..... We still have his memorial plaque which came yesterday and I cried its just perfect so we are going to place it in his favorite spot in the garden at the weekend......

I miss him with every passing day but in my heart I know I did the best for him throughout his life and he gave me so much love back...... He was and will always be my special little fighter......xxxxxx *ng*l

Sharon
XXX

Sharon, I'm so glad that having Scooby's ashes near you is giving you some comfort. Having a plaque outside will remind you of him every time the wind blows or the leaves flutter. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Sending you comforting thoughts.

Oh I'm glad that you've got some comfort having his ashes with you. I can't imagine how tough the last week or so has been on you. :hug:

Sharon, I'm so sorry Scooby lost his battle, what a brave fighter he was. My thoughts are with you. x

A message from Scooby XXX

This poem came with Scooby's ashes its like he wrote his mum a message , I would like to share it with you all.

If it should be .....

]If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won. You will be sad, I understand;
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years -
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come, so let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
And please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve - it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years -
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

It says everything ....... Rest peaceful my little fighter XXXXXX

That brought me to tears, I hope you will enjoy the memories and not too sad x

Its been Three weeks since we lost Scooby

Hi all,

Its been 3 weeks today since we lost scooby and it feels like three months , on a positive note we got his little urn this week its perfect , he is sat on his shelf in the kitchen with his lead and collar and it means I can get him down for a cuddle and kiss on the low days. Me and the kids placed his plaque in the garden last weekend in the perfect spot in the sun and I go and see him everyday.

I still have times when I cry and times when I smile when I remember the fantastic times we had together , he was my first dog and so Iam not sure what to do right or wrong so up to now I have followed my heart and it seems to be steering me well.........

I thank you all for your support you have given me and scooby through the past year its helped us through the darkest and hardest of times , I will keep in touch and who knows in time we may be ready to open our home and hearts to another cavalier.

Hugs
Sharon
XXX

Sending you a big hug Sharon. I have been thinking about you! Please know that even if another cavalier is not in your near future, we are all still here for you...to support you on your bad days and to laugh with you through you through your memories of the good ones.
All the best to you.

Scooby will always be special to you and your family. Remembering the good times will help you get through those days that your cry. Sending you hugs. :hug:

Back