Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Dogs HATE the rain

Post Thanks / Like

We acquired Bentley in Jan with a foot of snow on the ground. He was 10 wks and loved to go pee in the snow. Then came the cool, rainy spring that nearly killed me but did not bother him, followed by an extremely hot, dry summer in which he forgot what rain was. Now he's a little skittish about going out in rain. I dread winter!

Post Thanks / Like

My Dougall will get Graham out of bed to go to the toilet. Like an idiot, Graham will obey. get up and open the door for him. Dougall will stick his head out, if it is raining he will twitch his nose and give you the "you have to be joking" look. Dougall will hold on for hours, I think Graham is begining to realise, Dougall does not need to be let out in the middle of the night.

As far as Molly is concerned, there is absolutely no chance she will get her feet wet, day or night.

Dotty doesn't care, "when a girl has to pee, a girl has to pee" no matter what the weather
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

My second dog, Rufus, used to be a bit doubtful about going out to wee in the rain. Often when it was raining, he'd ask to go out of the front door instead of the back one, to see if it was perhaps better weather that side of the house. He actually loved water although he'd never actually swim, and would sing his joy when we went on a walk that took us near his favourite ponds.

I think maybe that it's the feeling of heavy raindrops beating down on them that some dogs don't care for? I can remember my first puppy's first experience being caught out in a really heavy shower on a walk - he was terrified by this sudden watery attack on him and tried to hide under my skirt.

Rosemary

Post Thanks / Like

Quite funny our little cavaliers... JB refused to go out in the rain, (I live in Seattle, think everyday), even though I had a covered patio. Needless to say our potty training took a long time to accomplish. He's finally going out in the rain, and doesn't seem to mind it too much anymore!
    Hopefully your two will soon grow more comfortable with the rain, and at the least tolerate it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jelly Bean- 1yr Blenheim male
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Often when it was raining, he'd ask to go out of the front door instead of the back one, to see if it was perhaps better weather that side of the house. Rosemary
    Ha, ha. My cat does this
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.